Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cool scott, thanks for supporting the BC + Detroit. Have fun downtown!

we'll be watching it on the early 90's model RCA at Cafe D' Mongo's

If my former softball league mates are going to McCarthy's on Fort St. to watch the game, I'll probably join them. Lousy reception, not much better food, but great company. Otherwise, I'll watch it solo at home.

I had originally planned on watching it on my ancient Quasar [[circa 1988) 19" TV. However, the girlfriend invited me over to watch it on her somewhat larger [[25") TV. As long as she's making dinner, I'll be there!

I'll be watching it in Downtown Pittsburgh....originally bought some tickets for the Tigers/Pirates series a few months back, without knowing this scenario. I'll have my Red Wings threads on, I just hope a few other Michiganders/Tigers fans will too, because I will be severely outnumbered. Go Wings!!!!!!
    Last edited by Knocturnal; June-11-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
    I'll be watching it in Downtown Pittsburgh....originally bought some tickets for the Tigers/Pirates series a few months back, without knowing this scenario. I'll have my Red Wings threads on, I just hope a few other Michiganders/Tigers fans will too, because I will be severely outnumbered. Go Wings!!!!!!
    Good luck to ya! I hear Pens fans can be vicious.

I will be watching it at my sister's house in suburban Chicago away from lovely Detroit. Kinda bummed, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    Cool scott, thanks for supporting the BC + Detroit. Have fun downtown!
    No problem, last weekend I took the new GF to Good Girls for a crepe, a Tigers game,[[got to see the C. Thomas grand slam!) then Slows for dinner. This weekend it's game 7, the BC and the air races on Saturday. Trying to decide between the Bucharest Cafe and Traffic Jam for dinner.

I will have to DVR the game and watch it late tonight. I have to play a job, but will keep my phone on and will keep up via ESPN on my phone's browser.

GO WNGS!!!

Let's go Wings! Keep Stanley here in Detroit where it Belongs.

We'd rather be in either downtown Detroit or downtown Royal Oak tonight, but since it's the end of the monthly pay period for both of us, the fiancé and I decided to save the couple dollars left in our pockets and have a bunch of friends over for a potluck BBQ. If all goes well, I'll be borrowing a projector from work to improve the viewing experience. If the Wings win, we'll probably run down the street to Gratiot to see if there are any revelers out and about again.

At a friend's house in Ferndale, food and adult beverage around the pool until the game starts, then inside to his massive big screen tv to watch the Red Wings kick massive Penguin butt. It's gonna be a beautiful night for a Cup at the Joe!

Unfortunately, I will be miles away in Chicago. I lived in Trolley Plaza when they won in 1997. It was cool because it was a weekend night and Jefferson was full of people cruising. All of a sudden the JLA emptied and people started hugging strangers and everything. I still think the cruisers had no clue what was happening at the JLA until the game ended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2