Hello Everyone,

I am going to enjoy this Forum. I was born and raised in Detroit's East Side. My parent's home was on the corner of Rochelle and MacCrary. They chose that house over one on 15 and Harper, because it had a fenced yard, and an attached commercial building.

I was told that the commercial building was a Laundry Mat in the 40's, a Party Store in the early 50's. [[ I remember the coolers for the Milk etc, as a child), then my Parent's made it into a drop off station for their Dry Cleaners. The main plant was on Mack and St Jean.

I have so many good memories of growing up there. The yard, although, not big, had cherry trees, apple tree, peach tree, the house was covered in Concord Grape Vines. My dad had a garden with corn it it. We did a lot of Canning and freezing.

Troester park is where I spent most of my time. I learned to swim at Helimen's. I attended Robinson, Columbus, and Denby.

Anyone remember the pony in the yard of the old farm house, next to the Tastee Freeze on 7 Mile and Brock? I can't seem to find any one who remembers it.

Well I'll chime in more later. I'm going to have to start readying myself for Church this morning.

Kind Regards, Phyllis from Rochelle