There's huge plots of vacant land bounded by Selden st. to the north [[Wigle Park), Third st. to the east, Fourth st. to the west, and Temple st. to the south. I ride my bike through there everyday and I see it use to be several parks there, was thinking of connecting it. It needs a major cleanup, trash removal, and man-power. I see a Organized Community Park ran by the residents of Midtown, it can bring the community cohesiveness for several new housing development[[s) in recent years and present in the area now [[Midtown Place, Woodbridge Estates, and Cornerstone Estates).

I notice more kids in my neighborhood more than ever this year so far. It will be great to see a "Gated" family park with benches, lush-landscaping, education program through the park, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, playground equipment, lawn areas, food court, small water feature [[for kids in summer month's), and a Dog Park. It will be safe, secured, equiped with security camera, well-lit, and cleaned.

Is there someone[[s) to contact to organize such thing, the only way to take my neighborhood back from drug addicts, violence, and illegal dumping is to create a place they're not wanted or feel uncomfortable around.

I believe man-power over politics..if we scream loud enough I think it's possible. If a huge number of resident in Midtown come together and create a concept, man-power, and donations.. anythings possible.

I've work with Greening of Detroit several times, also I have close tieds to several developer's and landscaper's who would love to do it on a volunteer bases, especially for the kids. The city would'nt have to worry about maintanence or cost, the only thing they will have to do is electrical work for installation of lights. Is this possible or is this too far-fetched..?