Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

People of all shapes sizes and colors get on the bus everywhere in this town at all times of the day and night. As a white woman who is 6 ft tall and sticks out lika sore thumb, lived in dopehoods and rode the bus for over a decade, i can personally attest to this.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    People of all shapes sizes and colors get on the bus everywhere in this town at all times of the day and night. As a white woman who is 6 ft tall and sticks out lika sore thumb, lived in dopehoods and rode the bus for over a decade, i can personally attest to this.

True. As long as he wasn't wearing his best "I live in Grosse Pointe" clothes noone would notice. Some Carhartt work clothes and noone would think twice

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    With all due respect, I'm a white man who spends lots of time in the city. In my opinion, in Detroit, if you're white, in almost any neighborhood, you look somewhat out of place.

From the very intial details of the story, my gut instinct was that this probably wasn't random. After hearing she was strangled, and all that was taken was her purse, apparently, I'm going even more in that direction. Something just doesn't feel typical about this, and I think we're going to find that it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Sound logic and reasoning? Sound logic says that in most mysterious disappearances / deaths where the victim cannot be connected to questionable activity, a friend or family member is involved.
    No forced entry into the home. No sign of a struggle. No strangers noticed casing the house by neighbors.
    Why would it be rampant speculation to imply that whoever is responsible does not reside in the 7 Mile / Hoover area? This person went all the way to GPP to stalk a stranger, abduct her, take the $100 out of her purse, kill her, and then take her body to his favorite dumping ground? If you're going to go to the criminal extent of killing someone you might as well take the Mercedes too.
    You make a great point here, and I'm sure the police are looking at that. That Mercedes would have been valuable, and if they took the time to take her to the D, they would have kept the car. It's strange that they didn't "want" such a valuable thing, I'm sure they didn't already have one [[or did they)! And then a thief would have taken things from her house too, I'm sure there were things at home that were worth more than her purse, but no mention of anything missing from home.

The whole thing smells like a setup and the dumping in Detroit is like, oh yeah, people will expect this, so lets put her there. Most people who plan things like this always count on being the smartest person alive, but of course they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Reports stated that her purse was in her car, but money was taken.
    How do they know money was taken? I have no idea how much money my wife has in her purse at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Since this is where this thread is going, lets cut the crap... a) there is no fucking way he did this and it's disgusting to read that being implied.
    Famous last words in so many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    You make a great point here, and I'm sure the police are looking at that. That Mercedes would have been valuable, and if they took the time to take her to the D, they would have kept the car. It's strange that they didn't "want" such a valuable thing, I'm sure they didn't already have one [[or did they)! And then a thief would have taken things from her house too, I'm sure there were things at home that were worth more than her purse, but no mention of anything missing from home.

The whole thing smells like a setup and the dumping in Detroit is like, oh yeah, people will expect this, so lets put her there. Most people who plan things like this always count on being the smartest person alive, but of course they're not.
    The PD isn't going to release all the information that they have so no one but them knows what was taken from the home and/or her bank account.

As far as possible thieves not taking her car, if a person is likely going be reported as missing you don't want to get caught with their stuff even if you're driving it to the nearest chop shop.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of thieves who followed her home or if it was her husband.
    Last edited by rjk; January-27-12 at 08:28 AM.

My 'knee-jerk' reaction is that this was a jacked-up car jacking. I other words, things may not have gone as planned for the perps. I may be as wrong on this as anyone else, but this is just as likely as any other speculation given the scant 'facts' that are in the news. We may find out in the end that something completely different took place. But, just for S n G's, let's say this is what happened, a car jacking snafu [[Situation Normal: All Fucked-Up) are we going to chastise the bad guys for dumping a body in Detroit because it makes us think of Detroit in bad way?
    Last edited by Dent; January-27-12 at 09:50 AM. Reason: sp

Yeah, 'cause car jackers are so known for strangling their victims. If this were a car jacking, let's be honest, she'd have been shot in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Famous last words in so many cases.
    Perhaps, but unlike some, I'll reserve casting aspersions upon a decent person in a time of tragedy. Perhaps that faith in Bob's basic goodness will be proven false, I don't know him that well.. but I do know some very well who are standing behind him in this and that earns him further credibility in my book. Personally, I think its particularly ghoulish to propose ridiculous theories on how he killed his wife before the body is even cold.

I don't know about the guy, but as for the women I think her husband did it.

The sad matter of fact is that no matter how it turns out what happens, the City of Detroit loses.

It is normal in any case like this or especially in a missing person case that family members or close associates become potential suspects. Only a small percentage of crimes are random and in most the victim and perpetrator know each other to some degree. To have a loved one murdered and then be suspected and investigated for the act has to be an incredible mix of grief and anguish. So I have to generally agree with Bailey here. Idle speculation with no basis on evidence is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    How do they know money was taken? I have no idea how much money my wife has in her purse at any given moment.
    I have no idea. One explanation could be that her wallet was taken out of her purse, emptied and tossed haphazardly in the car.

I don't think this discussion is goulish or impolite or out-of-place. A woman is murdered and the circumstances are are odd. Dateline will be in here soon. We are conditioned by media focus on "true crime" to want to dissect stories like this. Most of us don't know any of the personalities at all. We might as well be in another State.
    The victim's husband will not likely see this forum. He has a lot more to fear from the gossip at Janet's Lunch where the principals seem to be known.
    Besides, from first exposure to Agatha Christie, we all seem to love a mystery.

I have known this family for about 15 years, both of them have given so much to the community and always helping others. Give some time for the investigation to take place, more information will come out over time.

My wife watches a lot of murder mystery shows on tv [[and, by extension, I do) and I can point to cases like this that have gone both ways. Some signs suggest it was the husband [[strangulation, some of his statements, the all-too-convenient dumping in Detroit), while others point to a third party crime [[the fact that she had a nice car and that money may be missing, for example, as well as a recent history of people turning up in cars on the east side). In a way, if you have to pick, I think you have to hope it was the husband, because the thought of a random murder is so much harder to get your mind around than a domestic dispute.

Buy American Guest

My gut feeling is that this was not a random murder. Mr. Bashara was too cool, distant, and unemotional in a TV interview...no tears, nothing. The car was a very expensive one and if it was a simple case of a car-jacking, wouldn't the car be gone and Mrs. Bashara's body just dumped?

Was her ATM card used that night or the next day? How about credit cards? In my opinion, this was a crime of passion. Car jackers don't strangle their victims, they shoot or stab.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    How bad is it in Detroit? While searching for the body of Ivers on Belle Isle, they stumbled upon the body of *someone else* I haven't heard more news of that find, though.
    I have been wondering about that "someone else" also. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    My gut feeling is that this was not a random murder. Mr. Bashara was too cool, distant, and unemotional in a TV interview...no tears, nothing. The car was a very expensive one and if it was a simple case of a car-jacking, wouldn't the car be gone and Mrs. Bashara's body just dumped?

Was her ATM card used that night or the next day? How about credit cards? In my opinion, this was a crime of passion. Car jackers don't strangle their victims, they shoot or stab.
    I hate to speculate and have been hesitant to post, but I did see him interviewed the day after the murder and his demeanor was...odd...to say the least.

The whole thing about Ivers is intriguing, from the, "someone else", to what actually happened to him. I wonder if the autopsy results have come back. So they are saying he went to Belle isle to walk, got into a wreck in a parking lot and then became disoriented and then was found face down in an area nobody would normally walk in? Was he stoned? Did he have a catasrophic health issue? It just doesnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    I hate to speculate and have been hesitant to post, but I did see him interviewed the day after the murder and his demeanor was...odd...to say the least.
    oh i agree. no emotion at all.

Well, they just had breaking news on wdiv and the cops and K-9's are at the house. Uh oh...

I wouldn't read anything into that, although I'm surprised they haven't been there sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    With all due respect, I'm a white man who spends lots of time in the city. In my opinion, in Detroit, if you're white, in almost any neighborhood, you look somewhat out of place.
    Maybe because you're white, you feel out of place. Just sayin.

Strangulation is a very up-close and personal sort of violent death, requiring a certain extreme psychology, i.e. the killer is extremely angry and focused, the killer is detached and needs to keep the hit quiet, or the person is in fear for their life and has no other means to deter their attacker.

The husband has been asked to submit to a polygraph:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...womans-husband

I don't care who did it. I just hope the detectives find the person responsible so they can't do this to anyone else.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; January-27-12 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Add

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast