Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by missn View Post
    What about the other two?
    I guess they don't count.

Default odd

It's odd that in all the news coverage there is little mention of what is kind of an open secret in the Pointes, that Mr. Bashara was involved in illegal gambling & also operated some sort of sex operation out of the basement of those buildings on Mack. Interesting that the FB post from Hardluck makes specific mention of not knowing what went on the in the basement spaces in the building/s, other than their own space--a seemingly odd statement without the context of the gambling & sex operation stories.

It could be some sort of payback killing, by someone who Big Bob had crossed or had not paid, someone wanting to punish Bob Bashara, to settle a score with him or send a strong message to him. Would explain how he might know something about what happened, i.e. failing a lie detector test, but didn't do it or have it done.

detroitlives - that's been all in the news! Unless you're talking about a different building - is that the same as the Hard Luck, was it on Mack?

I might believe your theory about someone with an axe to grind, but the fact that Bob suggested that this Joe Gentz might say he paid him to kill his wife - that to me is the biggest giveaway that he did it. Who makes that up? Of all of the people he could possibly owe money, I'm sure Joe would be low on the list. But his statement was just too perfect to not be true. He gave himself away with that one. Whether or not the police can prove it is a different question.

Was there a point to this 1+ hour news conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Was there a point to this 1+ hour news conference?
    To prove that Griem can do stand up?

To taint the jury pool?

I think of all the taints being messed with, it aint's the jury's.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    T'aint the jury's?

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I might believe your theory about someone with an axe to grind, but the fact that Bob suggested that this Joe Gentz might say he paid him to kill his wife - that to me is the biggest giveaway that he did it. Who makes that up?
    Well, if Joe Gentz did murder Bashra's wife, Gentz would probably get a reduced sentence if he served up someone who paid him to do it, as opposed to if he did it for his own reasons.

Either is possible - not enough evidence to decide one way or the other.

Is Bashra acting weird? Yes. His wife was murdered. He may be acting weird because he was behind it, or he may be acting weird because his wife was just murdered which tends to mess you up, or he might just be a weird guy which is no evidence that he killed his wife.

Again, more evidence is needed.
    Last edited by JBMcB; February-03-12 at 12:50 PM. Reason: minor clarification

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Tain't that a shame!

So far, there's enough crazy going around to get this guy off.

GPW used to have a dedicated dispatcher[[s).

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    That would make sense. It's such small municipality -- both geographic and population -- that you don't need a large dedicated dispatch staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Tain't that a shame!

So far, there's enough crazy going around to get this guy off.

Which, by all accounts, is what he was attempting to do in the first place!
    Last edited by Gannon; February-03-12 at 02:20 PM.

Is it odd that I come here for twice daily updates first, before I look at the news websites?

Since no one seems to know what is actually going on with this case, a friend and I were just throwing out different scenarios. One that came up was that Big Bobb was responsible for the young ladies who were found around Christmas in the trunks of cars and his wife found out and threatened to go the the police; hence he had to clean it up. Now THAT would be scandalous. Of course, there is absolutely NO evidence to that effect [[before anyone jumps down my throat), but it was a hypothetical discussion just for shits n giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by missn View Post
    What about the other two?
    Those too.

Bob Bashara should have lawyered up from the start. Ever since he hooked up with David Griem he seems to be doing all the right things even if it's only from a PR angle.
    It was a good idea to have his sister come out yesterday and say they feared Gentz and needed protection before he made the same claim against Bob Bashara.

Buy American Guest

^^^Bashara's sister came out yesterday claiming the family was scared to death of Gentz and wanted [[but are not getting) protection from the GPP Police Department. Here is something to think about....with Gentz being out, the Bashara's have voiced their fears of him, who's to say that Big Bob wouldn't meet with Gentz to "settle up" any money affairs and Bob shoot Gentz and claim "self-defense"? No one out there could say much because they have already voiced their fears of Gentz.

Disclaimer: These are my thoughts, kitchen table discussion, no proof of anything, and I'm armchair quarterbacking right now. It's something to think about.
    Last edited by Buy American; February-04-12 at 08:35 AM.

SteveJ Guest

This thing is a freaking tv movie. You have 1 guy go to the police and claim he did it and change his story 200 times so they let him go. You got the husband who has a side girlfriend and a sex dungeon. You add in that he's also well known in the community.

I'm going to guess Bashara is under police surveillance so he doesn't have anything to worry about.

Buy American Guest

Seems to me that all the players in this saga are flight risks. I wonder if they took Bashara's passport....doubt very much if Gentz has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Seems to me that all the players in this saga are flight risks. I wonder if they took Bashara's passport....doubt very much if Gentz has one.
    If he does it probably belongs to somebody else.

This case reminds of the Toni Cato Riggs case, only they did lock up the confessed murderers, but they couldn't get her until many years later when they were able to tape her confessing to paying the hitmen to kill her husband. I wonder if they might be planning some wires on Gentz, but he doesn't seem savvy enough to pull it off, however, I could see Bob falling for it.

I agree, BuyAmerican - it might be Gentz who needs protection.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    I'm going to guess Bashara is under police surveillance so he doesn't have anything to worry about.
    Right, plus with all the TV vans in front of the house there's probably not a safer place in the whole state right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    Since no one seems to know what is actually going on with this case, a friend and I were just throwing out different scenarios. One that came up was that Big Bobb was responsible for the young ladies who were found around Christmas in the trunks of cars and his wife found out and threatened to go the the police; hence he had to clean it up. Now THAT would be scandalous. Of course, there is absolutely NO evidence to that effect [[before anyone jumps down my throat), but it was a hypothetical discussion just for shits n giggles.
    I thought about that too!!! He mentioned them during his first interview. If I remember correctly, the women were found nude but unmolested. I know that it sounds crazy, but I wonder if the young ladies may have been used in snuff films; Bob seems to be into some really dark things.

Global warming is happening around the time of his S&M adventures. I think they are related.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast