Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
I drove by the home this morning on my way in to work and there were 5 tv news vans in front, across the street. All of them had their engines running with people sitting inside. NO ONE was doing anything.

Perhaps they were watching the grass grow...
I have been in a place where this happened. The trucks stay around for days and days just waiting for someone to come outside, drive up, or whatever, so they can get a sound bite or two. Some of the "reporters" [[and I use that term loosely) are more intrusive than others, but generally they are nothing but a pain to the neighborhood. They usually tape a "promo" piece sometime before the evening news. Then, they do live reports at 5pm, 5:30pm and 6:00pm from the location. Sometimes they repeat the process for the late night news. Their presence is nothing but a thorn in the side to the neighborhood while the "story" is still making "news".

I don't like the way they show the houses/addresses of accused or admitted criminals. You never know when some kind of retaliation might spill over to others in the neighborhood. I have lived this and was nervous for weeks about this particular ramification of their "news reporting".

I just think there has to be a better way!