Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

All kidding aside this was a pretty visible attempt by someone to bring attention to a problem. So kudos, kinda.

[[preemptive sarcasm warning)- I mean, it really took me by surprise when I discovered there is a crime problem in the city. Thankfully these 20 hearses alerted me to the problem. I'm going to start going to church and pray extra hard. That's going to make the difference. Snitch on my neighbor? No I'll just pray that he does the right thing. Turn in my little nephew? No. I'll just pray and maybe drag him with me to church so if he does get caught I can pose in front of the cameras so I can tell everyone he was a good boy that went to church.

20 hearses rolling down the road with signs stating the obvious sends a weak message that is only effective enough to inspire old women to nod their sunday hats in agreement.

Now, if each hearse had 4 people riding with shotguns and signs reading "we're watching you" or "always room for one more" it would be a more relavant message to whom they are trying to speak-scumbags.

So overall, noticeable?-sure. Effective? It has us discussing crime in the city-a discussion that has been taking place for 60+ years.

I guess my biggest question is, where's the solution in this effort?

Frankly it seems odd to protest one of your most stable and predictable revenue sources.
    Last edited by bailey; January-23-12 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Frankly it seems odd to protest one of your most stable and predictable revenue sources.
    The morticians addressed that idea directly in the article. They'd rather not have the business. They want people when it's their time.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    Now, if each hearse had 4 people riding with shotguns and signs reading "we're watching you" or "always room for one more" it would be a more relavant message to whom they are trying to speak-scumbags.
    Because gangsters are obviously afraid of dying? That sounds about as logical as threatening would be suicide bombers with the death penalty.

Bailey,
    Most young people's family in the 'hood don't have that type of "revenue" to keep one funeral home in business let alone the countless others that operates in the City of Detroit. Also, these business people [[funeral homes, directors) are probably seeing the mourners who come into their establishments after one of the young people are killed. I been to a funeral where a young person dies and the respect level of the living is akin to the dead. It's awful!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Because gangsters are obviously afraid of dying? That sounds about as logical as threatening would be suicide bombers with the death penalty.

Some cool rides, tho' ... check out the one on the
    left ... dat diggah got style !!

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post

Some cool rides, tho' ... check out the one on the
    left ... dat diggah got style !!
    That's the hearse Rosa Parks was in...it's owned by Swanson Funeral Homes.