Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    I agree that the outrage is less, even though IMO the scope here is far greater. Kwame was a family and some friends kind of guy, BF is 150 or 180 appointees, current and former political allies and adversaries, and all those peoples' friends and family.

Some weren't paying attention to the Kwhyme affair, then. The magic number of individuals directly on the Kwhyme gravy train was roughly 175, so the total number was multiples of that. That was the number of die-hards who met at Cobo Hall within a week or two of his resignation...although the timing may be off, I'm sure the number is right.

I spent a great deal of time DURING the Kwhyme affair saying that if this investigation didn't go upstream to contain the dirty pastors and McNamara cronies, then it wasn't going deep enough.

This, my friend, is the anti-climax. Ficano would have to kill a few people with his bare hands in Campus Martius during lunchtime to garner more emotion than was wasted on Kwhyme's self-made krisis.

Sorry, but it is true. We're all quite spent, and while ML is a great journalist...he doesn't make the same teevee that Steve Wilson did...

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; February-16-12 at 01:04 PM.