I know Detroit seen some rise in tourism last year. What were the reason for that? How can we expand and grow that industry here? I know there's a down-side to it, [[ Poor Weather, Mass transit, lack of urban destinations etc...BROKE). What should the city do to increase the tourism industry here in Detroit? We have alot of things going for us here, we are the "Motor City, Motown, Sports town, International waterfront, Historic assets etc.)...Here's my list[[ Downtown Proper);
  • Motown-theme retail, restaurants, Motown walk-of-fame, etc.
  • Car-theme shops, restaurants, art sculpture's, etc.
  • Faygo & Bettermade Interactive Museum/Factory, similarly to [[ Coco-Cola Factory in Atlanta)
  • Veiwing Skyscraper's [[Toronto CN Tower), Michigan-theme [[waterfalls, evergreen's, native-landscape etc.)
  • National Theme Park [[Six Flags, Busch Garden's)
  • International Cruises
  • Historic Model-T car Downtown Tour [[During summer months, a guided tour drive to historic destinations, local restaurants and entertainment..etc.)
  • Motown Music installed in utilities pole Downtown and along West Grand Boulevard near Motown Musuem.
  • Detroit-theme "Permanent" Drop-the-D structure/skyscraper. [[Old Lafayette Building location)

Note* In designing and building these things required "Bold and Striking" design. Really bright, pedestrian-friendly, creative, and fun.

This is just for conversation purposes, PLEASE don't jump down my throat about what will work or not. I don't want to hear that, I hear it too much in here enough. My purpose of this is to get people talking. What's your ideal, if any..?