BTW, MITS stands for the Michigan Intelligent Transportation Systems Center:

The Michigan Intelligent Transportation Systems Center, known as the "MITS Center," is the hub of ITS technology applications at the Michigan Department of Transportation. It is a world-class traffic management center where staff oversees a traffic monitoring system composed of 200 freeway miles instrumented with:
  • 166 Closed Circuit TV Cameras
  • 72 Dynamic Message Signs
  • 2500 Traffic Detectors

An integrated software system includes device control, incident management functions, and ATIS capabilities. A complex hybrid communications system comprising an OC-48 SONET fiber optic ring backbone, 5 microwave communication hubs/towers, 4 node towers on the periphery of the system, more than 135 spread spectrum radio links, and coaxial cable The MITS Center is connected to the Road Commission for Oakland County Traffic Operations Center through a center-to-center link to facilitate areawide management of traffic across jurisdictions.

The system is being expanded to include coverage along I-96 from Novi to the Livingston County line and along I-94 from I-696 to 23 Mile Road. An expansion is also underway to provide motorists with real time information on I-94 and I-69 in St. Clair County regarding conditions at the Blue Water Bridge. These expansions will be operational by the end of 2009.

Anyone know where the current center is located?