Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
Agree, we are not a good road team. Would like to save JV for the next round.

Didnt understand pinch running Kelly when Berry was available, though it sure did work out in the end.
Benoit is really dicey right now, but thats Leyand, he will stick to him.
I wonder who's decision it was regarding Boesch, Leyland or mgmt.
Thank you Coco for your botched play!!!
Now I'd like to think that since this is the playoffs and we're a somewhat seasoned team, that those things would negate any home field advantage that Oakland might have. Again- a lot of mights here but in a short series with the veteran arms that we have and Oakland's propensity to strike out a lot, dare I say I'm still confident we can pull it out sooner rather than later?

The Boesch benching I thought was a relatively easy move. He wasn't hitting that well and he's never been more than just a slightly above average fielder. Now if he was still on fire at the plate towards the last few months of the season I would say he would've made it difficult for the brass- but simply put, it play dictated where he was going to be with this team in the playoffs.

Now depending on who we play next round, he very well might be counted to be added onto the roster. If we go up against a right handed pitching dominant team- Boesch very well could be counted on as a big bat from the left side and a Worth or a Kelly could ride the pine. But I'd rather not get too far ahead until we broom these pesky A's out of the ballpark.