Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    We need more decoy purses with exploding dye packs.
    We need a fully staffed police department with lots of authority instead of all the perps having so many rights, we need honest politicians who will do what they say they will do, and we need the death penalty.
    Last edited by Buy American; January-17-12 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hmm, opinions will vary here. I think the element of 'surprise' may be better for stopping the criminal seeking helpless prey to find them not so helpless!
    We had this with S.T.R.E.S.S. but the people didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post

Becuase officers were murdering innocent black men with impunity....tell the whole history, Thats why Young abolished it....

“It’s always something at this club like every other week,” said neighbor LaBarbara Karney, 18. “It’s scary for me because I live here.”

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/C...z/-/index.html

This place place sounds like it is nothing but trouble. Probably the last place where a 21 year old college girl should be at night.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Becuase officers were murdering innocent black men with impunity....tell the whole history, Thats why Young abolished it....
    Isn't that exactly what the black men are doing to each other right now?

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    Maybe "people didn't want it" because its whole structure trampled over the rights Detroiters are guaranteed in that tattered sheet of tissue paper known as the constitution [[rights Detroiters deserve just as much as suburbanites).

STRESS was not without it's problems, however we have a crime wave that is killing youth and citizens in general nearly every week, sometimes multiples in a week and that's just what is reported! It's so crazy the morticians are on the news reporting a huge surge in their business:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...e-with-hearses

We've got to get on top of this on some responsive, effective manner or what will come will be make STRESS seem light weight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-17-12 at 11:50 PM.

I think we are all well aware of Detroit's needs, more police, more jobs, an improved city council/mayor, a mass transit system and really Detroit needs these things very badly.

As I stated when Snyder and Bing scrapped the light rail project I'm done with Detroit and Chicago looks like a much better place for me, it's got everything that a real major city is suppose to have unlike Detroit.

Crimes of opportunity are tough to stop. I don't know how many more police would need to be on the street or even if you could have enough police on the street to stop a crime like that. Detroit is a big place and even if you flooded certain locations with police officers, given limited resources. I don't know if the area where the young lady was killed would be one of them.

I guess I would like to see a little more from Bing about this. I would like to see a little more leadership from him on this issue, I would say he should think outside of the box, but Bing is not a outside the box thinker so that would be useless.

Think what you will of Mayor Nutter of Philly but at least he is laying down challenges to parents and children involved in the flashmob incidents and he started a weekend curfew for teenagers. At least one could say he is at least trying to deal with the issue.

I think that we may at some point be faced with a permanent curfew for those under 21 with some parential accountablity action to be taken at some point.

Granted there are long term systemic issues that need to be addressed we are looking at generations even if they can be fixed, so short term fixes are all that we are left with for now.
    Last edited by firstandten; January-18-12 at 01:57 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgIOq...eature=related

Wow, this guy [[Mayor Nutter) doesn't pull any punches.

Funny, I was just reading the old @detroit thread on STRESS/Big Four units-after a conversation w/my dad was saying they saved his life back in the day, now there's no deterrence-or OCP

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgIOq...eature=related

Wow, this guy [[Mayor Nutter) doesn't pull any punches.
    He want to be Mayor here? Straight shooter! Too bad most don't want to be the person he describes because it's not "cool".

Yes, someone broke the 'no snitchin' cycle on this one perhaps.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-12 at 12:38 AM.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

64% ahead of last year's pace! I guess, it's better to just say it's roughly a murder per day which is on pace for all of last year. However we all know murders are normally much lower in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Isn't that exactly what the black men are doing to each other right now?

So you had no problem with white cops murdering innocent black men then eh? its either that, or you are a closet hood wearer, or you really cannot read...one of those three but I digress....

^^^^ Geeze Dude ... Really? You gotta go there?

That says more about you than the other guy.

Nothing better demonstrated the withdrawal of the DPD from the streets of Detroit than the confrontation in front of 36th District Court today between the family of the victim and the alleged killer's family. This went on for several minutes with NO police intervention even though one participant threw a TV camera tripod at a vacant police squad car.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, though I may get flamed, it's time for the national guard or something to that effect. This probably wasn't a crackhead, more like a gang initiation. The gangs are taking over Detroit and that is a very scary thought.

Stromberg2
    I saw on the news tonight that the killer was 35 years old. Both families were arguing outside the courthouse after his hearing. I highly doubt he was in a gang. Another "........." to add to the already overcrowded penal system.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-22-12 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I think we are all well aware of Detroit's needs, more police, more jobs, an improved city council/mayor, a mass transit system and really Detroit needs these things very badly.

As I stated when Snyder and Bing scrapped the light rail project I'm done with Detroit and Chicago looks like a much better place for me, it's got everything that a real major city is suppose to have unlike Detroit.
    Chicago has it's share of crime as well, you just don't hear about it. And it's 3 times the size of Detroit. Good luck.

My grandparents house was in that neighborhood. it was very well kept in the 60's and 70's.

/ I just Googled it...still very well kept.
    Last edited by RaumVogel; January-22-12 at 07:33 AM.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    We need more decoy purses with exploding dye packs.
    Finally, a post without an attached link, and it's a dumb-ass slice of frivolous tripe like that.
    With a goddam smiley-face attached.

Was that the folks that were so matter of fact [[his family) and broke a leg off a camera tripod... I am going to go check. I saw at bit of something on channel 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I saw on the news tonight that the killer was 35 years old. Both families were arguing outside the courthouse after his hearing. I highly doubt he was in a gang. Another "........." to add to the already overcrowded penal system.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    The city has no hope except for little pockets downtown. What a shithole.
    Thanks for your insight, Steve.

If the city is a shithole, and has no hope, what do we do about it?

Yeah, there was some mania - very sad as the frustration boils over [[the court house security was absent stating they don't have responsibility for what goes on outside the court house):

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...used-as-weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Was that the folks that were so matter of fact [[his family) and broke a leg off a camera tripod... I am going to go check. I saw at bit of something on channel 7.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-22-12 at 06:29 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast