Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

THE ENGINE OF AN ECONOMY is its' producers
    What do you produce besides internet posts?

yep -- part of the great reaganite purge of manufacturing from the US

ccbatson Guest

Wouldn't you like to know Pam. Seriously, I am in the health care/service field and that is what I produce [[amongst other things).

I am in the health care/service field
    Right, you are providing a service. How is that actually "producing" something?

ccbatson Guest

Production of goods and services, the core of capitalistic economies. Econ 101.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Production of goods and services, the core of capitalistic economies. Econ 101.
    Rand always equated being a producer to being an innovator. Not the run of the mill worker drone, as most are, including you.

ccbatson Guest

A good point [[did I just say that?) Stosh. True at the top, but producers exist throughout the scope of a productive industry...from janitor to owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    A good point [[did I just say that?) Stosh. True at the top, but producers exist throughout the scope of a productive industry...from janitor to owner.

and yet in post after post, you clearly think the laborers should have no rights to the fruit of their labor, except what the owners decide to give them

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    How can you admire an industry. Industries are like any other group. In any industry there are going to be great companies out to make their business great and there are going to be companies just in it to fleece the living daylights out of their clients.
    I've been thinking the same thing lately. Most industries have innovaters that learn how to do it faster or cheaper or with better quality than their competitors and you have those that just ride the wave of the industry blaming every issue they have on the market even though not everyone in their market is suffering. On that basis, I have to admire the TV manufacturers. They always have some cool new features.

If there's no innovation in an industry, you're seeing an industry thats too concentrated with too much market power. Bad for the consumer in the short run and very very bad for the industry and its employees in the long run. You'll know these folks when they tell you why something can't be done. They'll be crying to the government for assistance with tariffs, taxes, incentives, labor laws, etc.

For a company or industry to get my admiration, they need to wow me with their innovation. Folks who never try to tell you why something can't be done because they're so busy trying to figure out how to go over, under, around, or straight through the obstacles in their path. When these guys go to the government, its with projects or research programs they think will advance America. The first group just lists problems; the second group only lists problems so you can understand why their solutions need to be implemented.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...absolutely wrong regarding my position on labor. A fair, market driven wage based on merit is the contractual right of any laborer.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    For a company or industry to get my admiration, they need to wow me with their innovation. Folks who never try to tell you why something can't be done because they're so busy trying to figure out how to go over, under, around, or straight through the obstacles in their path. When these guys go to the government, its with projects or research programs they think will advance America. The first group just lists problems; the second group only lists problems so you can understand why their solutions need to be implemented.
    Very thoughtfully stated, and a fine position to take indeed. Thank you for that inspiration. This which you've stated [[the second group of course!) is part of American exceptionalism.

You know being a Colbert Conservative and Social Darwinist brings with it the uplifting feeling of being a true patriot. Acting in ways that are consistent with the values and principles not only espoused but also practiced by our Founding Fathers is the greatest feeling on earth.

That said, there are lots of little nagging nicks and cuts imposed by Liberals who have a significantly different world view than I. Liberals are the bane of the rich and well-born. Liberals believe that the employer/employee relationship is a descendent in law of the master/servant relationship. They say masters and employers are legally exercise the same amount of power. I disagree. It is time to slap them down.

I view the employer/employee relationship as one of equals. Like the masters that preceded them, employers have the unilateral right to set and reset wages, hours and working conditions for good reasons, bad reasons, or just because they are feeling vindictive. Owners and their managers have the right to discipline [[up to and including firing) for the same good reasons, bad reasons or vindictive reasons.

But there are big differences from the master/servant days. Here’s important difference number one: today, because the right to vote was extended [[mistakenly in my opinion) to others than white male property-owners, government is not always in the back pocket of the rich and well-born. Thus government has enacted laws which unfairly limit the liberty/freedom of owners to do whatever the heck they want and has given employees "rights." This government interference in the free market didn’t exist in the good ole days of masters and servants.

Importance difference number two: today, employees, for their part, can quit with no advanced notice and find other work whenever they feel their employer is being unfair. Employees have the whole world of other employers to choose from. Servants were bound to their masters for a set period of time.

So I rest my case there is an equality of power between employers and employees.

Liberals still don’t see the obvious. They reach for religious leaders like Pope Leo XII who in 1891commented: “Working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition.... the hiring of labor and the conduct of trade are concentrated in the hands of comparatively few; so that a small number of very rich men have been able to lay upon the teeming masses of the laboring poor a yoke little better than that of slavery itself.”

But, has the Pope ever run a for-profit business? NO! Did he ever have to earn a wage by selling his intelligence, experience, and strength to a for-profit employer? NO! He is critical of employer/employee equality without ever having been in either position. Ergo, the Pope’s criticisms are invalid. The same is true of all the other Liberal religions out there.

I prefer to cite a great American: the Reverend Marion Gordon “Pat” Robertson. This televangelist has built and run a business. While he is not an Episcopalian or Presbyterian two religions I think were closer to our Founding Fathers, Robertson is a Southern Baptist so he represents the NASCAR dads and moms of the nation.

Here’s Reverend Robertson on what the Bible tells Christian employees to do in the free market. Should they quit work in the search for better wages? Should they form labor unions and use the law to negotiate better wages and working conditions. Liberals: read it and weep. “Christians have a responsibility to submit to the authority of their employers since they are designated as part of God’s plan for the exercise of authority on the earth by man.”

Let’s be clear that ever since Calvinism, it has been clear that God favors certain among us and lets the deserving become owners.

“The rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared for - not by labor agitators, but by the Christian men to whom God in His infinite wisdom has given control of the property interests of the country, and upon the successful management of which so much depends.” George Baer, President of the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad

Done and done Liberals. You are powerless to argue against such Colbert-like insight, wisdom and logic.

Omaha is hitting it repeatedly out of the ball park. So very pleasant.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; June-20-09 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Omaha is hitting it repeatedly out of the ball park. So very pleasant.
    Watch it Omaha, people are actually reading your posts carefully, it's setting a bad precedent.

Jams -- It is frightening. But that is not what I seek. I am just trying to have fun and espouse the kind of Social Darwinism that clearly spells out for [[poor) conservatives and liberals alike the benefits of choosing your parents well. It takes most of the guesswork out of making life’s hard choices.

The right clubs, the right boarding schools, the right colleges and the like allow for the kind of inside track that works...and works well! Spending the summer in the lovely metro area is nice. But wintering in a residence on A-1A in Palm Beach, golfing at the Seminole Club, shopping on Worth Avenue is delightful. And it can all be yours if you just choose to become part of a family with the right lineage.

Thank goodness, I am able to espouse my Colbert Conservatism in ways that don’t encumber the kind of notoriety or animosity that some of the other conservative authors and devotees of Ayn Rand do.

Shouldn't there be a song?

Oh, what a difference a sperm makes...

QR's don't have smilies.

ccbatson Guest

All of the second handers to which Omaha refers will be just as destitute as the rest of the country once the degree of parasitism exceeds the capability of the producers to overcome.

Jams-- The song you mentioned could just as well, focus on "what a difference an egg makes."

And it's OK that some posters are impaired. The use of these symbols could make "pearls of wisdom" that are dropped on oh, so many threads appear to become even more deep/shallow than they are.

But as I posted before, after time those churlish posts from that unruly child who has access to the internet become nothing more than "blah, blah, blah" in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Used to be that women would look for a guy that worked hard and got a little dirt on them, like their dad. Now it's a paper degree and a Lexus that floats their boat.
    Count me out of that hen party; I make my own money, thank you very much. I have higher expectations, like a heart and a soul [[and an American car LOL!).

Let's not forget the PIZZA makers, God bless them, every one. Bakers in general have to get up extremely early, as do pro fishermen.

BTW: Happy Father's Day, all you Dads. Good dads are the best gift our kids can get.

Count me out of that hen party; I make my own money, thank you very much.
    Not to disparage the fairer sex Kathy, hell, a lot of the crew on an Aircraft Carrier are female now.

Jams-- The song you mentioned could just as well, focus on "what a difference an egg makes."
    You have a point, but sperm donors still hold sway but egg donors have much influence upon those that donated the sperm.

Interesting conumbrum, worthy of more consideration.

ccbatson Guest

Omaha, I am surprised at you, I would have never thought that you would rely on some cheap smiley face icons over compelling content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Not to disparage the fairer sex Kathy, hell, a lot of the crew on an Aircraft Carrier are female now.
    Yeah, but are they Lexus-seeking golddiggers...that's the question.
    Seriously, God bless them, too. That's one tough gig; takes a person of special character to do that, man or woman. That's certainly worthy of admiration.

ccbatson Guest

Gold diggers? On an aircraft carrier? Do you realize what military personnel get paid?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast