Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Let's keep our manners.

Am glad to see glimmers of dignity by the courts. Is it truly possible that money did not win this round?

This truly shows us that the Justice System works...sometimes. I'm glad to see that slumlord in jail. Maybe he'll stay there longer for not taking care of his blighted properties.

If it worked, he'd have been in jail two years ago.

bet that guys suit costs more than my car

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    I guess that "corporations are people" thing finally backfired on one of the fat cats.
    That's not exactly how that works. The "Corporations are people" thing prevents the city from throwing the shareholders, and any random employee for the DIBC in jail as well.

Wall Street Journal picked it up.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...047376478.html

Our arrogant Detroit billionaire wants to build a bridge to Canada when the one thing he is absolutely incapable of doing is building bridges.

I wonder if billionaires are expected to spring for a round chips and pop from the jail commissary?

The painter from Garden City, MI. who works for 'MarOOn!' could be dead from falling from the Ambassador Bridge into the freezing Detroit River. How is Marty MarOOn is deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How is Marty MarOOn is deal with that.
    He doesn't concern himself with the little people.

Here is a graphic from the paper showing the differences between what was built vs what was agreed to:

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Attachment 11762

The Matty Motivational Poster.

I Hear that he has been approached to be the new pitch man for Snickers...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Here is a graphic from the paper showing the differences between what was built vs what was agreed to:
    I guess I'm wondering why they didn't stop him sooner? Certainly there had to be MDOT people on scene when the first dozers started moving.

Where's the best place to go online for the mugshots?

Wayne County Inmate Search currently says "No matching record found" for Manuel Maroun.

While I applaud the judge, I hope he enjoyed his career. Never a good career move to piss of a petulant, litigious, grudge holding billionaire.

Matty's son issued this amusing statement in response:

“Without a trial, without a jury, with no notice stating the reasons for them to appear, a judge viciously lashed out at Matty Moroun and Dan Stamper today and ordered a penalty outside the bounds of a civil case that was excessive, unwarranted and outrageous. This is the same judge that refused repeated requests for site visits to actually see construction on the Gateway Project. This entire legal process has clearly become a personal vendetta by the judge against these individuals.

Finally ! and the sad thing is he still won't get it :-[[
    I hope this puts a fire under his ass ! he could have had this done years ago , but no he had to have it his way to make more money .
    This was an EASY fix for a billionaire matty ,but he thought he was above what was good for the city and by buying off the republicans in office , well where are his Republicans buddies now ?

... how will this affect progress on the order to finish the construction/renovation? Will this affect the areas that Maroun's operation has illegally fenced off? will this help any efforts to get some type of final resolution for the train depot? I wonder will the anti-government bridge ads finally stop? I wonder what local news columnists will defend Moroun?
    Last edited by Hypestyles; January-12-12 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Finally ! and the sad thing is he still won't get it :-[[
    I hope this puts a fire under his ass ! he could have had this done years ago , but no he had to have it his way to make more money .
    This was an EASY fix for a billionaire matty ,but he thought he was above what was good for the city and by buying off the republicans in office , well where are his Republicans buddies now ?
    Well. let's be fair. He paid for both repubs and dems

Of course....

VIP treatment...

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I guess I'm wondering why they didn't stop him sooner? Certainly there had to be MDOT people on scene when the first dozers started moving.
    M-DOT has been throwing a fit the entire way. The judges have been ordering ABC the entire way, for YEARS.

ABC kept promising to fix it, and then never fixed it. M-DOT has been protesting the entire way.

I understand why they keep people like that out of the general population, but I don't understand why they give them a TV if they want it. I also have a hard time believing that he's going to only be offered standard jail chow.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I understand why they keep people like that out of the general population, but I don't understand why they give them a TV if they want it. I also have a hard time believing that he's going to only be offered standard jail chow.
    Lemme git sum Fishbones!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast