Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Only to some incredibly pessimistic people could the opening of a new business be a sign of troubled times. You just can win with everybody. Oh well.

Occurrence Guest

Not the opening of a new business, just an Olga's Kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    Only to some incredibly pessimistic people could the opening of a new business be a sign of troubled times. You just can win with everybody. Oh well.
    Yup. Some people just want to ignore all the jobs moving downtown and businesses opening up as a result of the jobs moving down. Major multiplier effect starting up here.

Occurrence Guest

How exactly am I ignoring all the jobs moving downtown? You say this as if downtown is booming. It's not. With that being, yes, some good things are happening.

I'm sorry, but I don't think an "Olga's Kitchen" opening up in the Compuware building is anything to get excited about. After all, the Hard Rock Cafe is located in the same building, and that's one of the worst places in the city to waste your money at. I actually can't believe that turd is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    How exactly am I ignoring all the jobs moving downtown? You say this as if downtown is booming. It's not. With that being, yes, some good things are happening.

I'm sorry, but I don't think an "Olga's Kitchen" opening up in the Compuware building is anything to get excited about. After all, the Hard Rock Cafe is located in the same building, and that's one of the worst places in the city to waste your money at. I actually can't believe that turd is still in business.
    I think that Olgas moving downtown is a positve sign that "chain" restaurants are beginning to have confidence in movig or relocating back to the downtown area. Hardrock Cafe is a chain restaurant that had stayed dowtown during all of the corruption and scandals that plague this city. They could had left because of it. I am looking forward to more resonably priced restaunts to move into the area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2