I dunno about anyone else here and maybe it's my age but what the hell is going on with these young men [[and maybe it's also a societal thing too)? Fairley getting busted again? C'mon- are you that ignorant? Are you that stupid? Are you that ignorant to the fact that your team is under the microscope for bad behavior already? You'd think that between now and the beginning of training camp you'd keep your sh!t straight- but NOoOOOOo [[my best John Belushi imitation), you had to go drive 100 MPH eluding the cops in your home state.

I can only imagine what Martin Mayhew thought when he got the message. I can only imagine Jim Schwartz' BP going through the roof when that phone call came in. I honestly feel for the Detroit Lions' brass when it comes to this stuff. They try to do everything on the up & up, teach these young men how to behave on and off the field and yet somehow it fails to register with them. The possibility that LeShoure & now Fairley might miss a few games because of off field stupidity is for real now.

As a fan, if these guys and their absence can cost this team a victory seriously pisses me off. So these guys get a couple of bucks yanked from their already fattened wallets for missing these games, but as a long suffering fan who actually has some raised expectations and some measure of hope that this team's dark days are finally behind them- I'm pissed off that because of their actions it might cost us a game or two.

I'm hoping that the players themselves will root this issue out. I'm sure that Mayhew/ Lewand/ Schwartz [[and maybe Bill Ford Jr.) will address it to some degree but I'm hoping the leaders of the team will take it amongst themselves to rally everyone together. Call it an intervention if you want but a simple back alley ass kicking with some of these selfish players needs to happen. Their actions impact not just the team but also affects us loyal fans too.