Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The only way to end the DEGC is for the city and its authorities to stop contracting with DEGC for the services they provide.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Andy, I know you're pushing for Council By Districts and it makes sense in a lot of ways, but be careful, we switched from a district system decades ago because of corruption on the city council. Given the corruption that's currently happening with City Council, do you really think it's wise to look at giving more power to the likes of Conyers, Collins and Watson. They were on the OTSC's side when they came to the table, but, if they have more power, OTSC isn't going to make it to the table. the Council Members will be too busy fighting to see which one of their cronies will get a deal. It's not a good idea to craft the charter based on some hurt feelings.
    Kraig, I would never vote one way due to hurt feelings, much less modify the city charter because of them.

Don't worry. If elected, I will be sensible.

I just see a DEGC that is running wild demolishing buildings, while not economically developing anything, and I think they need to be reined in.

Also, I believe that city council was moved from a district system to at large to prevent black Detroiters from electing a member of council, not to combat corruption, though I could be wrong. Different history books tell different stories.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3