Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Amazing....

ccbatson Guest

In 2009, the money will be taken by Obama before an individual gets a chance to do anything with their property.

"Obama delenda est!" cried the old curmudgeon from his chimney corner.

So you're expecting him to show up at your door to make this collection?
    If not, how will it be taken?

ccbatson Guest

Confiscatory taxes are withheld from pay, you didn't know that?

If it is deemed that they didn't take enough, and the individual doesn't pay the bill for the difference post haste, then the IRS prosecute, garnish, fine, and possibly imprison you [[at gunpoint, real or implied). Didn't know that either?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Confiscatory taxes are withheld from pay, you didn't know that?

If it is deemed that they didn't take enough, and the individual doesn't pay the bill for the difference post haste, then the IRS prosecute, garnish, fine, and possibly imprison you [[at gunpoint, real or implied). Didn't know that either?
    And this is Obama's doing...how?

This has been true for 60 years, and now it's a problem? Or did you pour the same bile on Eisenhower that you are displaying for the current president?

ccbatson Guest

It has been a problem for a very long time [[I agree with you on that point)...Obama is rapidly accelerating the process.

Stosh Guest

Some people shouldn't be allowed around a keyboard. See above.

Hoarded goods first; people second.

Confiscatory taxes are
    the price we pay for maintaining a system that has allowed us to achieve the greatest standard of living the world has ever known. see how far we have fallen in that regard since the implementation of ronnie's voodoo

It has been a problem for a very long time [[I agree with you on that point)...Obama is rapidly accelerating the process.
    Speculation without supporting evidence.

ccbatson Guest

4X the debt in 8 months...that is irrefutable supporting evidence.

annarbor.com [[formerly The Ann Arbor News) reports on former Ypsilanti High School football coach David Poole using the word with the students. --> http://www.annarbor.com/sports/racia...ootball-coach/

This can be evaluated on so many levels beyond the simple and troubling fact that the coach used the word. For example, he was "tired of other area schools viewing his team as a bunch of dumb ...".

Racial slur preceded the resignation of Ypsilanti football coach David Poole

Rich Rezler
    AnnArbor.com Staff
    October 14, 2009

[[Editor’s note: This story contains the use of an offensive word. AnnArbor.com’s policy is to not use offensive words unless they are a central part of a story).

Former Ypsilanti High School football coach David Poole used a racial epithet during a team meeting one day before his resignation, according to school documents. On Tuesday, Sept. 29, Poole kicked two players off the team for missing the team’s study table.

Upset, he called the varsity and junior varsity teams together before a 5 p.m. practice later that day to stress the importance of study table. The coach told them that he was tired of other area schools viewing the team as a “bunch of dumb ‘niggas.’”

The following morning, two angry e-mails from parents of the players cited use of the expletive, as did 10 incident reports filled out by Ypsilanti football players, according to the documents obtained from Ypsilanti Public Schools via a Freedom Of Information Act request.

Names were redacted.

The school’s athletic director, Chuck Fuller, said he received other parent complaints via telephone. Poole resigned Sept. 30, two days before Ypsilanti’s game against Dexter. This was his fifth year as head coach. The team had started the season with an 0-5 record.

Poole said he did not intend to offend anyone.

“It wasn’t meant with malice or anything in that manner,” Poole said. “People who know me know who I am and what I stand for. I’m all about A.B.T. Academics, blocking and tackling. That’s it.” And, after a long pause, Poole added: “And I miss my players. And they miss me.”

Fuller said this incident didn’t result in Poole’s resignation. Poole remains the high school’s lone physical education teacher.

“I would say it was a build-up of instances that occurred, and he and Ypsilanti Public Schools going in different directions,” Fuller said. “Now, I wouldn’t say it helped. But it wasn’t one incident.”

No other complaints or incidents were documented in Poole’s personnel file, although one parent’s email called the use of the epithet “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

Fuller said he had received “other complaints communicated verbally to me that wouldn’t end up in a personnel file.” No previous complaints, Fuller said, have been for racially offensive language.

The one incident did elicit angry feedback, however.

“That word is not used in my home and my son don’t use it,” one parent wrote in an email to Fuller. “In no way should he be allowed to use that word ever. … This is unacceptable, and unfair to my child and the rest of the African American athletes who are giving their all for this program. The point that he brought up may be an issue, but that is not the way you go about it.”

The incident reports - filled out by 10 randomly selected players that Fuller requested details from - were nearly identical and matter-of-fact. Each detailed the exact same phrase coming from Poole.

One player wrote “everyone was just stunned.” Another wrote “everyone was silent and uneasy.” One player started his description of the event by saying, “What happened yesterday didn’t really bother me, but it was just uncalled for because that’s something you don’t say, no matter what the condition was.”

Poole said he plans to coach again in the future, but until then will continue to support his former players. He was in attendance at Friday night’s game at Lincoln, and exchanged hugs with a number of players after the 6-2 Phoenix victory.

“The players liked coach Poole,” said interim coach Jason Malloy. “He’s a gym teacher in the school, they have a lot of love for him. And it was nice to see him out there supporting the kids.”

Malloy said the resignation was “hard for the whole team and the whole program.” Fuller said he’s seen no animosity from the players toward Poole and that the racially offensive term was not directed at them.

“In no way, shape or form do I feel Coach Poole is a racist,” Fuller said.

Poole wouldn’t agree or disagree that his choice of words led to the resignation.

“I decided to leave for the best interest of the team,” he said. “I don’t have a comment on what people may have said. That would be speculating. The true news is that I decided to leave. Now, I just want it to die.”

ccbatson Guest

He did the right thing after using very poor judgement.

4X the debt in 8 months...that is irrefutable supporting evidence.
    Increasing the debt and rapidly accelerating the application of confiscatory taxes are not the same thing. You alleged the latter, and offer the former as "proof". However, you have not established a causitive link between one and the other.

Faulty reasoning based on non sequitur, again.

ccbatson Guest

They go hand in hand for the Obama administration. I will grant you that they are 2 separate evils though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3