Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That is strange, so glad she is back! Could someone have thought she was a stray and picked her up, then returned her when the posters taught them their mistake? Think about it, a loose cat has to be somewhere. What are the odds of her being in her own yard, or some other person's yard [[please not Vince's yard). Generic cat, probable 50/50 or better she is in some other place.

Vince, my dog has tags and is chipped. She has on occasion broken out of the house and we have had to chase her down. She doesn't mind so well when she is making a break for it. Please don't pick her up and take her somewhere far far away where she can never find her way back. Her being loose is unintentional on my part.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I now trap them and relocate them to a nicer neighborhood. Keep your pets in your yard.

-Vin
    What an asshole. There are better ways to solve your problem. I don't even like cats, but putting people through the loss of their pets is totally classless. I hope one day someone gives you a catherter with a red hot poker.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    What an asshole. There are better ways to solve your problem. I don't even like cats, but putting people through the loss of their pets is totally classless. I hope one day someone gives you a catherter with a red hot poker.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since you broke the ice, total DB.
    Last edited by Johnlodge; June-10-09 at 03:53 PM.

I'm sure it's not CIA but aliens disguised as white guys driving old rusted out pickup trucks. Check your cat for evidence of a recent anal probe, and make a small aluminum foil hat for him to wear while outside.Speaking of probes, Vince could use a few himself.

Okay! Hey, does anybody know where I can get some cat handcuffs? I've gotta get a pair of cat handcuffs. Either two little ones like this, to go around the little paws.. or a big one that hooks onto my arm and then hooks onto the cat. I found out my cat was embezzling from me, so I've gotta get a little pair.. of cat handcuffs, so.. Well, I found out that when I'm away, he goes to the mailbox, picks up the checks, take them down to the bank and cashes them. The way I caught him, I went out to his little house, where he sleeps at night, and there was like $3,000 worth of cat toys out there. And you can't return them, because they have spit all over them.. I don't know where he is now, I guess he went out to Catalina, or something like that, I don't know..

I'm so glad your cat has returned. Please put her on a leash when she's outdoors from now on. When I lived on Wayburn, there was a small dog running loose in the neighborhood and nobody knew whose it was. A man got out of a car and followed into my back yard. I confronted him and told him to get out of my yard, and asked if it was his dog. He said "no....it is a stray and I'm going to train my pit bull with it". I said "Like hell you are"....and brought my great dane/shepherd mix to the door, and he quickly returned to his car. I caught the dog, and took it to the Anti-cruelty Society on Conant. Don't know if they are still in business.

Kendra is once again on duty protecting the train station, post office and residents of Wabash.Gannon never did weigh in with any theories so conspiracies not withstanding Corktown is once again safe for vermin killing cats of all descriptions.

Attachment 1671

She's protected now.

Paul,

I hope you find your friend. I am sad to hear about this.

jcole........You just made my day. LMAO X3

Quote Originally Posted by PSewick View Post
    My cat has been returned!

This is the weird part... When I was at work, my girlfriend was doing some yard work in the front of the house. She saw two white guys in their 20's drive by very, very slowly in a rusty red pickup truck, maybe like they were looking for an address. They pulled around the block and drove through the alley too. When my girlfriend went into the back yard, she found our cat meowing at the back door. What is also weird is that her collar was missing. It's not the kind of collar she could have taken off by herself, and never even tried to.

Where the guys in the truck--people she had never seen before--related to this? Did our "lost" posters [[that listed our address) prompt them to return her?

Here is weird thing #3: I found out that other neighbors [[some guys who live above the old Bagley Vision) also had a dog stolen, they put up "lost" posters, and the dog was returned [[just found tied up next to the building).

What is going on here?! Maybe the government is infecting our pets with some kind of super alien virus, or is brainwashing them to kill their owners when they receive the secret sattelite trigger signal? Or is the CIA training all local pets to all poop in Vince's sandbox on command?
    Dan, his cat was returned

Quote Originally Posted by PSewick View Post
    My cat has been returned!
    I am so glad to hear that! I am a cat owner myself and really felt for you when I read that first post and even more so when I saw that adorable picture.

Word of advice, though - from now on, I'd strongly advise keeping your cats indoors. Veterinarians will no doubt second that recommendation as good advice for any cat owner, seeing as it protects the cat against so many dangers and diseases. When I first purchased my cats as kittens from the Detroit Human Society 13 years ago, I remember being told that the average lifespan of an outdoor cat was about two years.

Keeping the cat indoors would also address the concerns of people like Vince. While I wouldn't agree with deliberately luring away someone else's pet, I can certainly respect anyone's right to be cat-poop free, and I've also got to confess that while I have never succumbed, I too have at times been strongly tempted to "lure away" obnoxiously noisy neighbor dogs!
    Last edited by EMG; June-14-09 at 09:44 PM.

For what it's worth, my cats are tagged, chiped, up to date on all vaccines, still have all their claws, and I always bring them inside before I go to sleep. Of course, now I make sure they come inside when I do, which I should have done anyway.

It's inhumane to let your cat out unattended. There are just way to many obstacles in the cat's path to harm him-cars, poisons, people, other cats, etc. etc. Although I disagree with Vince and would not do what he did, I certainly understand his point. And his actions are no worse than those who leave the cat out to do whatever with no supervision. I had a cat that I used to let out during the day and brought her in during the night. I woke up and found her [[actually the dogs found her), under my couch dead. Took the body to the vet--poison--from outside---my fault--no one elses. I now have another cat and never let her out. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2