Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Yes. The morning of the 4th of July riding my bicycle on Michigan Avenue near Central I turned around in a parking lot when a male with a t-shirt pulled up over his face came at me. At the same time two others went for my head. It couldn't have taken long before they had me to the ground yelling to empty my pockets - they got $5 - I got a concussion 9 hours in the Henry Ford ER and numerous bruises. They did not take my bicycle but did steal one of the saddle bags in which they got work papers of interest to no one but me.

Hell of a way to spend a holiday ... or any day.

Hey there Wobbly! Having had a bike nearly stolen from UNDER me as a teen and grappled and knocked down for not wanting to give the bike up, I feel you.

Cycling has become more of an 'adventure' recently, within the last two years. I've had two friends rolled [[robbed) riding their bikes within and thru various areas of Detroit on their way to work, or an errand - simply point a to b!

I am glad that you are ok and survived your ordeal! Take care and welcome to DYes! Pop in and chat with us some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yes. The morning of the 4th of July riding my bicycle on Michigan Avenue near Central I turned around in a parking lot when a male with a t-shirt pulled up over his face came at me. At the same time two others went for my head. It couldn't have taken long before they had me to the ground yelling to empty my pockets - they got $5 - I got a concussion 9 hours in the Henry Ford ER and numerous bruises. They did not take my bicycle but did steal one of the saddle bags in which they got work papers of interest to no one but me.

Hell of a way to spend a holiday ... or any day.