Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I don't think I want all the demo companies having too much advanced knowledge with explosives.

The government regulates for only a small number of companies to handle thermite and thermate, which otherwise would only be used for military purposes. Those companies need no rehearsals.

Here is pics of that fire in June this last summer....i told you i was there

Attachment 4913

Here is the other pic from the packard fire last summer

Attachment 4914

Yeah, I was like "duh". But as others have noted the local of this ruin has a lot to do with why it remains a hazard to many. Not just the Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterhuntPrincess View Post
    Zacha341, I had the same thought when I read that article. I also wondered if residents in Highland Park and Hamtramck, much closer than the Pointes, felt left out.

Yeah, the tragedy of burning abandoned buildings is the possible loss of life of fire fighters having to put out the fires when they happen. IMO opinion this structure needs to come down... though I've gathered it is a tough project with all the chems and stuff. Still it needs to go... What? Shall we wait until they start finding bodies in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Here is the other pic from the packard fire last summer

Attachment 4914

Yeah, but theirs a community that lies in the "path" between the plant and the Pointes, even with that wind direction... The plant is not that "far" east...... and the Points don't border the plant.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    The wind wasn't blowing to the direction of Hamtown and HP at that moment. To the Pointes is a different direction completely.

The nearest location the smoke could enter the Grosse Pointes is a trajectory from Packard to Alter and Mack Avenue. Any closer to the water would just clip part of GPP. Too much further north sends it up the Gratiot corridor and not through the several Grosse Pointes.

And YEAH - there is a LOT of Detroit in between those locations, and I am choosing the shortest trajectory.

I am signing on to bitching about this - was that news report basically "white/wealthy and/or suburb people should be careful" but disregarding Detroiters who were obviously in the direct fallout zone ?

Me thinks it was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3