Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Hi, HonkyTonk, I am by the Space Center at the moment.
    Meanwhile, elsewhere in Florida:

A St. Petersburg woman was shot in the hand and a Jacksonville boy was struck in the foot by stray bullets in separate New Year's Eve incidents.

The woman was injured as she was sitting on a patio at the St. Pete Yacht Club just after midnight, authorities said. She was taken to a nearby hospital to have the bullet removed. The 57-year-old woman has not been identified yet but will be OK, according to MyFoxTampaBay.com.

The 8-year-old boy was struck in the foot while waiting to watch fireworks in downtown Jacksonville just before midnight, Jacksonville.com reports. He was transported to Shands Jacksonville with non-life-threatening injuries, the website reported.

The shootings come a year after 12-year-old Diego Duran was struck in the head by a stray bullet. He spent several months in the hospital. His family now advocates against celebratory gunfire with their "Bullet Free Sky" initiative.

http://www.wogx.com/story/20478726/2...rs-eve-florida

least of Detroit's problems really.Suppose theres nothing wrong with rallying around small manageable problems. Give people a little hope

Posted by a German friend on another bulletin board I frequent:

"Happy New Year from Berlin. Fighting continued throughout the night, but by now 2012 seems to be in general retreat judging from the ebbing of rocket fire, shooting and explosions in the streets."

We heard two gunshots, shortly after midnight, last night. Amid those and the fireworks, several young people ran up and down the street, banging pans together. Brought smiles to our faces. Happy New Year, all!

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Hi, HonkyTonk, I am by the Space Center at the moment.
    Oh, I thought maybe Belle Isle.

How cool Bobl! I heard someone come out on their porch and blow a loud whistle for a long time among the din of noise the shots made. I thought it kind of nifty and brave - what with all of the bullets flying! ----!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Amid those and the fireworks, several young people ran up and down the street, banging pans together. Brought smiles to our faces. Happy New Year, all!

From Wednesday's Las Vegas Review-Journal, p. B-1: "Elsewhere in Las Vegas, a man in the northeast valley was injured when a bullet struck him inside his mobile home. He was taken to a local hospital with injuries what were not life-threatening. Police believe the bullet was fired in celebration of the new year. No arrests were reported."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3