Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can't says your condolenses and leave it at that like a normal human being?
    I only do that for people I know personally, not for random wannabe hood ornaments.

By the way, an ID of "MSUguy" tends to imply some level of college that would know the phrase is, "Can't you send your condolences... "
    Last edited by Meddle; December-26-11 at 12:55 PM.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Can't you say your condolenses and leave it at that like a normal human being? Or not say anything at all . Even posters on the News and Free Press articles had the good sense to do this without being asked. Please do humanity a favor and shut the fuck up
    Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

If someone dies doing something dumb, it should be society's obligation to call them out on it, so that others may learn from their mistake.

In this instance, it's not a good idea to walk blindly out onto oncoming traffic. Put your cell phone away, pay better attention to your surroundings, and use common sense.

Your sentiments are brutish and callous; they have not a smidgen of anything insightful, clever or redeeming. A boorish lout would blush at such heartless and self-serving comments. A baffoon would turn aside. Although a self-abusing moron would applaud your relentless vile bile, I'm confident you'll revel in the knowledge your future posts will be evaluated from their foundation in your coal-blacken soul.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Your sentiments are brutish and callous; they have not a smidgen of anything insightful, clever or redeeming. A boorish lout would blush at such heartless and self-serving comments. A baffoon would turn aside. Although a self-abusing moron would applaud your relentless vile bile, I'm confident you'll revel in the knowledge your future posts will be evaluated from their foundation in your coal-blacken soul.
    Well said, Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I only do that for people I know personally, not for random wannabe hood ornaments.

By the way, an ID of "MSUguy" tends to imply some level of college that would know the phrase is, "Can't you send your condolences... "
    Excuse me for having a little faith in humanity, I thought given the season that people might show a little...compassion . I did not know, this guy, but I don't have to know someone to show some amount of respect. You really have to be a heartless prick to call someone an hood ornament.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Karma is a real bitch. I am sure that you've got nothing to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    You really have to be a heartless prick to call someone an hood ornament.
    By the way, an ID of "MSUguy" tends to imply some level of college. Most college students know that only words starting with a vowel sound are preceded by "an"

Did they have those removable metal fences along Woodward across from the Fox?
    I've seen them there during tiger games.

It's dangerous being a pedestrian even when you're paying attention and crossing at the proper spots. I've lost count of the number of times I've been out walking my dog and cars making a right cut in front of me instead of waiting for me to go first. A few weeks ago I saw this happen to a woman pushing a baby stroller, talk about an a-hole driver.

Between both pedestrians and drivers not paying attention I'm surprised there aren't more traffic related deaths like the one mentioned above.

It's too bad for this bus driver. It appears that she's not to blame, but this is something that will be with her for a long time.
    Last edited by rjk; December-26-11 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    By the way, an ID of "MSUguy" tends to imply some level of college. Most college students know that only words starting with a vowel sound are preceded by "an"
    • a + singular noun beginning with a consonant: a boy; a car; a bike; a zoo; a dog
    • an + singular noun beginning with a vowel: an elephant; an egg; an apple; an idiot; an orphan
    • a + singular noun beginning with a consonant sound: a user [[sounds like 'yoo-zer,' i.e. begins with a consonant 'y' sound, so 'a' is used); a university; a unicycle
    • an + nouns starting with silent "h": an hour
    • a + nouns starting with a pronounced "h": a horse

• In some cases where "h" is pronounced, such as "historical," you can use an. However, a is more commonly used and preferred.
        A historical event is worth recording.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    If thinking someone is incredibly dumb for walking out in front of a moving bus, than I guess I'm a bad person.

I'm not glad he died by any means, but I also don't feel bad for him. I do feel bad for the people, including the driver of the bus, who were negatively affected by witnessing this persons stupidity.
    You are probably not a bad person, but goddam, you are making it sound as though the deceased proved himself to be "incredibly dumb" and "stupid" by making a bad decision.
    I'm thinking that it was not a decision. Maybe not an accident in the same way as a tire blow-out can cause a sudden loss of steering control and a collision, but still: an accident.
    Are there not moments of personal carelessness, in your life, that could have turned out much worse for you than they turned out?

Or, better yet, just have a goddam heart, fer chrissakes. Would it fucking kill you to just keep such an ungracious, merciless thought to yourself, or perhaps share it with acquaintances whose similarly-high IQ's will forever forestall such luckless tragedy?

Well said Ravine.

A Lions fan- a human being died because of an accident. Regardless of how he died, he's still someone's son, nephew, grandson, brother or whatever. he meant something to someone. Have some sympathy for another soul leaving this earth. It's not the circumstances that we should be critiquing here.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    That actually sounded really cool. Vile Bile would make a cool band name.

It's still not very smart to walk in front of a moving bus though.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    That actually sounded really cool. Vile Bile would make a cool band name.

It's still not very smart to walk in front of a moving bus though.
    I give up.
    You're a heartless idiot who cannot see that intelligence did not come into play, here, and your token offerings of sympathy are devoid of any real kindness, just dead flowers casually tossed on the altar of political correctness.
    I would suggest a long walk on a short pier, but a genius like you probably knows that it's too cold, outside, for walking around on piers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    It's not just sports fans. On my bike commutes into the Chicago loop I see plenty of people on cell phones march into traffic without looking. Fortunately no one is ever going faster than 25 mph so I haven't witnessed a fatality. But as sad as this incident is, I'm not surprised. I just expect people to walk into traffic whenever driving or biking downtown.
    There is a strong inverse correlation between cities with high numbers of pedestrians and the pedestrian fatality rates. This is probably a function of cars having to travel at slower speeds and drivers being more attentive due to the potential accidents.

Earlier this year I posted some documents that I found on the NYC government site about how factoring pedestrians into road planning has significantly reduced the pedestrian fatality rate there. [[I think we were discussing something about better timing the lights on Livernois for drivers to proceed through with minimal stopping. I was against the idea because it would unnecessarily make it a more dangerous situation for pedestrians.)

I believe this is the report I referenced before: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/download...supplement.pdf

Well stated.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    You are probably not a bad person, but goddam, you are making it sound as though the deceased proved himself to be "incredibly dumb" and "stupid" by making a bad decision.

I'm thinking that it was not a decision. Maybe not an accident in the same way as a tire blow-out can cause a sudden loss of steering control and a collision, but still: an accident.
    Are there not moments of personal carelessness, in your life, that could have turned out much worse for you than they turned out?

Or, better yet, just have a goddam heart, fer chrissakes. Would it fucking kill you to just keep such an ungracious, merciless thought to yourself, or perhaps share it with acquaintances whose similarly-high IQ's will forever forestall such luckless tragedy?

I agree fully!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Well said, Gnome

First off I would like to send my condolences to the Family of the decease and the bus driver. This was a terrible accident but I do understand why people type dumb and insensible comments on a blog. They do this because they can hide there identity. Maybe if Lowell switch to a blog where your comments are posted through facebook like freep did we can avoid all the dumb comments.

I REALLY hear you.... the comments have been horrible in the press. I just don't look at them anymore... but please don't 'suggest' FB only over here...... That'd be the end of some of use who refuse to FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by BW7085 View Post
    First off I would like to send my condolences to the Family of the decease and the bus driver. This was a terrible accident but I do understand why people type dumb and insensible comments on a blog. They do this because they can hide there identity. Maybe if Lowell switch to a blog where your comments are posted through facebook like freep did we can avoid all the dumb comments.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BW7085 View Post
    There seems to be a glut of old-Freepish comments on this particular thread, primarily the internet tough-talk and calling out of the grammar bullshit.

Now someone please correct my grammar with some calling out of the grammar bullshit, and talk about how dumb one would have to be to find him/herself at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by bartock; December-27-11 at 09:50 AM. Reason: "him/herself", not "themself", not "themselves", methinks.

"This was a terrible accident but I do understand why people type dumb and insensible comments on a blog. They do this because they can hide there identity. "

No. If that was true, there would be 1000 idiotic comments here because most people posting on DY aren't posting using their name, even if some of them otherwise post their names publicly. Idiots and insensitive people are that way whether their identity is hidden or not. Most people have enough common sense and decency to not make such comments here.

Buy American Guest

Other than a brief news story I haven't seen or read much more about this accident since it happened. Does anyone know who he was? Does anyone know what the circumstances were? I'm really surprised that the news media haven't latched onto this story and run with it showing a grieving family, friends, etc. The whole thing just faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Other than a brief news story I haven't seen or read much more about this accident since it happened. Does anyone know who he was? Does anyone know what the circumstances were? I'm really surprised that the news media haven't latched onto this story and run with it showing a grieving family, friends, etc. The whole thing just faded away.
    True accidents, like this one seems to be becomes part of the 24 hour news cycle. If it was something other than an accident I think you would have seen the news media really jump on it.

Let it fade you've seen enough.

This is really a sad example of a lifetime fan who came to see his team win a playoff berth only to be hit by a city bus heading back.

Let me tell you a brief story that happened in 1984 that involved me. It is not connected to, but strongly connected to this incident. I was only 3 years old and we were at the Cicotte overpass over I-75 in Lincoln Park waiting for trains. We did various things. Then at one point, one of my friends heads up to the chain-link fence at the edge of the overpass and pretended to be like Fred Flinstone locked out on his porch. He banged on the fence and yelled, just like he would, "WILMA!", then he fell over the fence to his ultimate death on the pavement of I-75.
    Last edited by mtburb; December-27-11 at 06:24 PM.

Ravine Guest

Whoa, hold on, wait a minute.
    Are you saying that he deliberately scaled the fence and jumped? It certainly sounds that way.
    If so, do you know why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast