Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by fdolan54 View Post
    Two of the companies you mention in your listing of registrations were involved in a deal that has lost me $21k. These are SavyOne and Premier One who seem to occupy the same building in Farmington, Detroit. I wondered if anyone else had any information or experiences of these companies. I was sold a house with over $6k in delinquent taxes despite me asking the UK agent and being assured it was tax and debt free. I was also told it had a longstanding, respectable tenant that turned out to be a new tenant who reneged on payment after 2 months and then refused to move before trashing the place and taking everything removable after being served eviction notice. As I didn't even know the taxes were due [[over 3 years for some) and the county didn't inform me either, the house was confiscated to pay the back taxes so I lost the whole thing. I had actually already paid some of the taxes but they still didn't bother to tell me about the arrears. I also paid to have the house secured and cleaned up after the tenants trashed it. This has been a nightmare and cost me lots of money with no return and I would really like to expose this if it is a scam.
    The title insurance company you presumably dealt with at closing should have found all of this out. I would go after them

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The title insurance company you presumably dealt with at closing should have found all of this out. I would go after them
    Presumably is the key word. He bought property in Detroit through an agent in the UK? That's interesting, never heard of that one before. If he/ she is that clueless, a title policy probably wasn't purchased. Doesn't sound like the poster is ready for prime time. Sounds like they didn't even do a title search.