Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I'd be embarrassed if I voted for this turd. Did anyone here vote for this guy? If so, why? What do you think of him signing this bill?
    Since no one has admitted to voting for him, let me be the first. Yes, I voted for Rick Snyder because I believed he would run the state as a moderate Republican [[yeah, right) and his lack of political experience wouldn't tempt him to go rogue [[huh) and become a partisan hack. He attempted to pass himself as a William Milliken Republican, one who can work with Democrats and I heard how he wanted to help make Detroit a great city again and I said why not.

Rick Snyder is a fraud. His lack of political moxy hurts him more than it helps him. The Republican hacks in Lansing knows that Snyder is a light-weight and they can send him any bill they pass and he will sign it, no questions asked. The residents of this state got to see how much weight Snyder carries in this state [[the answer is zero weight) when a GOP majority committee voted down his publicly-built bridge. This is a Republican governor right, but every bill that the GOP passes, he just signs away with no questions asked and he is always attempting to put a spin to how it is going to help the citizens of the great state of Michigan.

I am not gay so the bill that Snyder just signed doesn't affect me but when we as a people become so heartless that we will engage in class warfare? The Republicans will claim that denying benefits to same-sex couples would save money but how do I benefit from the state denying people because of who they want to be with? After all, the state worker does have to work for those benefits. Is that the reason why people get up in the morning. To preserve those benefits they worked hard to get.

Snyder lost me when he wholeheartedly signed the "EFM on steroids" bill because the GOP was complaining that Obama was appointing "czars" with unlimited power yet the Republicans in this state was willing to make a man or woman into a dictator and claim that the ends justify the means. Snyder could have vetoed this claiming that a single man or woman with unlimited power could be dangerous but because he is wet behind the ears and his handlers know more about power, he signed it. The only difference between he and Walker and Kasich and Haley is that they have been in the game a bit longer than he has but their objective is the same: to suck the life out of the people.

​What a bunch of statist clowns on this site.