Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Several have touched on one of my main reasons for stopping watching the news and pretty much TV in general, and that is the commercials. Too many and the same dam ones over and over. It's like an hour long brainwashing session with the local news. I was watching some Paul Potts "Britain's got talent" segments on you tube. Watching their season finale, in between the final performance and the announcement of that season's winner, no commercial. It was very strange, the money grubbing networks here will milk that for all it is worth and expose the viewer to as many product appeals as possible. Think about it, it's ridiculous, watching all those commercials. One day I took the time to, and counted 15 different commercials in a row. One was the cable company advertising their cable. The stupid MF'ers I'm watching their cable, why sell it to me? I already have it. And DTE advertising, what other utility would I be using that they need to lure me back? There isn't another one around here. I heard once that utility companies have to advertise to justify rate increases. Oh great, do I not only have to sit through their boring assed commercial, they interrupt my entertainment time, all for the purpose of charging me more money at the end of the month. Then commercials about other shows, and we now have shows [[Pitchmen) about commercials. It's just totally out of hand, I want no part of it anymore.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; June-08-09 at 07:11 PM.