Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by d&p View Post
    agreed 100%. i'm not a corktown [[i'm in woodbridge) resident, but i speak with residents and drive through the area almost daily. that neighborhood doesn't need another parking lot. hell, TS is actually generating money! didn't they shoot a film there last friday? way to go, DEGC! the travesty of "progress" marches onward...
    I'm excited about the new bumper crop of empty chip bags and broken liquor bottles that will spring up on the overgrown lot. Should be a boon for Corktown.

It is a sad day in Detroit, Bing is just perpetuating the cycle of corruption in the city. In a time of bought politicians it is so sad to see this cycle continue... I do not see the city telling Bing that his plans for the watermark condo's are no longer viable... And I do not see the EDC rushing to tear down the Brewster Projects which have most definitely added blight...

As a corktown resident and someone who sees the positive economic impact of the stadium even in its current form I must say it is senseless and frustrated by the negative impact this will now have on my community... No matter what they put there, it will never be what the residents of this area will be in agreement with... It makes little to no sense to do this, but makes even littler sense to be done without getting more input from the conservancy and the community. Poor planning and No Vision!

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Quote Originally Posted by urbanoutdoors View Post
    It is a sad day in Detroit, Bing is just perpetuating the cycle of corruption in the city. In a time of bought politicians it is so sad to see this cycle continue... I do not see the city telling Bing that his plans for the watermark condo's are no longer viable... And I do not see the EDC rushing to tear down the Brewster Projects which have most definitely added blight...

As a corktown resident and someone who sees the positive economic impact of the stadium even in its current form I must say it is senseless and frustrated by the negative impact this will now have on my community... No matter what they put there, it will never be what the residents of this area will be in agreement with... It makes little to no sense to do this, but makes even littler sense to be done without getting more input from the conservancy and the community. Poor planning and No Vision!

I brought up the Brewster Projects back in April when the Council was voting to tear down the MCD. What I got for my trouble was being accused of defending a billionaire. What people didn't realize was that the same methods that the City applies to trying to mess over someone with over a billion dollars is going to work a whole lot easier on a non-profit organization that doesn't have a billionaire's resources. This isn't an "I told you so" this is a warning, with Bing in office as a 4 1/2 year lame duck, regular people in this city are about to get screwed over in a big way.