Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Where is your first home?

I was wondering from all the forumers about your first childhood home. Did have a great time in your first neighborhood? Was it an experience or dangerous. Did you all have a great or unstable memories in your first home. Any thoughts?

My first home was at 16210 Lawton St. in Detroit's Northwest Side in 1977 to 1985. It's a three family flat brick house. Very nice and well kept neighborhood. No abandon home there. Every neigbhorhood knew every neighborhood. I used to play oustide with some friends until the street lights came on. I have to share a bedroom with my little sister. I have a great time there. Everyone was quite safe as long as the crackheads from Highland Park don't take over. Our neighorhood watch and block clubs will band together and stop any invader who tries to mess up our hood. The people there were mostly black middle class families with few white families and Jewish families. Most of them were living near Palmer Park as long their synagogue Temple Israel is in business. University of Detroit is a very nice campus with a clock tower that chimes every 30 minutes. Lots of kids black, white and Jew went to Gesu School next to Gesu Catholic Church. Very nice building and a decorate gymnasium. There were some mom and pop stores along McNichols St. The Avenue of Fashion on W. 7 Mile Rd. was filled with exotic stores that could rival Downtown Ferndale. It was totally beautiful all over the Bagley, University Homes, Sherwood Forest, and Palmer Woods and Palmer Park area. I my dad used to took me and little sister to Palmer Park. The lake was clean and sparkly. The Palmer Family Cabin is there, but close for many years, Only open by private appointments. There were kids, families and friends playing there. The full line of apartments were nice. Nothing were tore up. Those were the fine memories of the piece of the 48221 area.
    Last edited by Danny; December-17-11 at 01:05 PM.