Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Social Anxiety

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Absolutely correct Linda. A good approach is to first engage a non prescribing clinical psychologist and then, if needed, at the suggestion of the trusted/trustworthy clinician, seek out a prescribing mental health professional [[Psychiatrist).
    No doubt the voice of experience.

ccbatson Guest

If you are making allusions to my personal character...best not to in complying with the rules of this forum.

If you are not being caustic, then yes, as a health professional and as an advocate for patient's medical services, I do have some experience in the field [[professionally).

Lorax Guest

If you are making allusions to my personal character...best not to in complying with the rules of this forum.

If you are not being caustic, then yes, as a health professional and as an advocate for patient's medical services, I do have some experience in the field [[professionally).
    So glad you clarified that. I was beginning to wonder.

So, as an advocate for patient's medical services, I'm so glad to hear you support a single-payer system.

We need to remove the lobbying influence of Big Pharma from our system, and I'm sure as an advocate for others, you would argree that the system is broken with so little competition form the private sector monopoly on health care.

Let's see them fight over who can lower costs faster once we have a government lead system. It actually may help the situation for the private sector, sort of a corporate darwinism approach. Only the leanest and meanest will survive!

ccbatson Guest

Yes, a single payer is best...the consumer/patient.

Lorax Guest

Yes, a single payer is best...the consumer/patient.
    Only if it's the cheapest and best money can buy!

Somehow I think it won't be- Bill Frist needs another golf course. 15 billion isn't enough to live on these days, with the deflation of the dollar and such.

ccbatson Guest

What does Frist have to do with it? Is he a provider? I thought he retired from practice.

Besides, if he were a provider, and competitors offered better service at lower cost, he would not have customers...golf course, or no golf course.

Lorax Guest

What does Frist have to do with it? Is he a provider? I thought he retired from practice.

Besides, if he were a provider, and competitors offered better service at lower cost, he would not have customers...golf course, or no golf course.
    For a repugnican, you really don't know much about your own kind. Must be the broad cranial ridge, or perhaps the scabby knuckles holding you back.

Frist and his family own United Health Care, America's largest private health care provider. That's why I made the 15 billion crack.

And you're right, he is a provider who's about to have a little competition from Uncle Sam. And I don't mean Sam Wurzelbacher, aka son of Sam, or aka "Joe the Plumber. "

ccbatson Guest

UHC is a private insurer, a big one, but with plenty of competition in the private sector. If it isn't high quality and low cost relative to the others, guess what happens to the business?

Government/public health care would be a coercive monopoly that would push all private insurers out in short order. Why? Like public schools, we will be forced to pay for it, whether we want to or not. It then becomes a matter of whether or not we want to pay twice...most will not. By the time the quality falls, and the populace realizes it, it will be too late for most of the insurers as they will have gone away by then.

Lorax Guest

Private sector insurers are like vampires sucking the blood out of the system, raising costs, and dropping people like flies.

A public option, or better yet, a single payer system, which we already have in Medicare is the best solution.

I really don't think we'll get either, and the ideas on the table thus far are unacceptable, especially Max Baucus's insistence on keeping big insurers as part on the equation is a big loser for America.

The result will only be a quickening of the collapse of the system, and within a couple of years we'll see an avalanche of emergency room visits from the uninsured. Best thing, though, since the current system needs to implode in order to force the fascist corporatists into lowering costs.

ccbatson Guest

If they did not shadow the public system [[Medicare/Medicaid), they would be far better...this is true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3