Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    BTW, on Charles Pugh's FB page, he has this explanation...

Well. I guess he told us. I've never been a Pugh naysayer, but in the light of everything the city faces, I might have been silent, or taken a different tack. Then again, what do I know? I'm just a glorified teacher.
    I'm far from a Pugh supporter and don't know how he ended up as CC President, but his comments were pretty much in response to folks who in discussing the City's fiscal crisis keep harping on the City Council budget and often times with inaccurate information. Should Council cut its budget, most definitely, but many folks are getting distracted by this and not really facing the grim realities of the budget crisis, how we got to this point and how we're going to somehow find our way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    HAHA, too true. Why voters would make him council president is beyond me. He filed for bankruptcy during his campaign!
    You get to be council president by getting the most votes. He got the most because he was that nice looking man from the Tee Vee.

Districts come in 2013.. allegedly.. and until then.. sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Districts come in 2013.. allegedly.. and until then.. sigh..

HAH! It won't be any evil ward system. Detroit's new government will under the iron fist of the EFM dictator. And his friends from Quicken Loans to OCP Compurware will be the new Detroit City Council.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2