Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My mothers and her family grew up in that area. She tells me stories of when she would go to the market with her grandmother. I would love to know more about the history of Poletown and its people. Our family was the Pilkowski, Moncilovich and Kaczperski families. My mother grew up on Horton street and went to St John the Evangelist school. Would love to hear from anyone who has pics or stories from that area.

Name:  IMG_20120412_183739.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  21.8 KB
    A pic of my Granpa's Confirmation from St Stanislaus 1925. Francis "Frank" Pilkowski

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    This neighborhood is Detroit in a nutshell... environmental destruction, economic collapse, a city government that cares more about corporations than people [[Poletown plant), abandonment, blight, urban prairies, lack of access to food and so on and idealistic, yet misguided, young white artists/urban farmers coming in [[Yes Farm) to save things but will have virtually zero impact.
    Other than those tiny issues, BigD is OK?

The ONLY thing that will save BigD is population growth

*They* all seem to be moving to Texas![Free beer??]

Cheers
    Last edited by AUSSIE; January-29-13 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2