Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    That is true. But the brutal reality is that those 700,000 Detroiters need those suburbanites more than the suburbanites need the Detroiters.
    This is the money quote. That Detroiters like myself need suburbanites more than they need me. You know that it should be we all need each other for survival but it is funny how things became so one-sided. I remember growing up in this region and had to watch and read how suburban leaders would rejoiced with glee how safe and clean their cities are and how bad Detroit has become. A prime example of this was two years ago when the Crypt Keeper in Warren was trying to get GM to move their world headquarters to the Tech Center. He used no taxes and "a safe city" to entice the move.

You know if Detroit's suburbs didn't spend so many years picking at the meat maybe Detroit wouldn't be a bag of bones.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; December-11-11 at 09:31 AM. Reason: improper grammar