Quote Originally Posted by jimmc View Post
I am new on this site.

My interest in Detroit auto makers peaked when I bought a restored 1954 Packard Cavalier a couple of months ago and I wanted to tour the Packard factory by web.

Jim
Hello Jim Mc:

If you really want to talk Packards, then you need to join Motor City Packards, a region of the Packard Automobile Classic, a.k.a the Packard Club. I am the immediate past president of the region and one of my duties is to encourage membership in the club. We are in the process of updating out web site, but you can link onto it here: http://www.motorcitypackards.com/index.php At the upper right hand side of the home page click onto "Application."

Print out the application - it says 2011, but our dues will be the same in 2012. After you complete the application then mail it to our Membership Director with a check for the appropriate dues. We have 210 family memberships, but we always are looking for for folks to join the party. We held our annual dinner last weekend and our next meeting is in February.

You should also get a copy of the Packard Plant History and building guide as mentioned in post #3.

The sandstone entry doors were acquired from the owners of the PMCC Building and are currently being stored at the Packard Proving Grounds to be used at a later date there.

I am withholding comments on the Conner Plant as 56Packman is the expert on that part of Packard history and the best person to comment - expect him to chime in soon here.

Hope to see you at the meeting in February

Best, --Roger--