Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
That's a good point Gistok. I hadn't considered that Steve might have got his disproportionate benefit of our stable government, regulated economy, and physical infrastructure, and owe a disproportionate contribution toward preservation and enhancement of these tools, from an inheritance and maybe some investments; and may not even work! Now that is definitely worth a drool! While if I have it right, at the same time millions of Bobs are delivering Pizzas sprinkled with Trump crumbs on the Indian sub-Continent. Life just isn't fair.
The entire reason our income tax system is progressive is so we avoid establishment of a permanent aristocracy...

...the same permanent aristrocracy the Founding Fathers hoped to avoid duplicating when they declared independence from Great Britain.

But if you want to continue worshipping people who chose to be born to the correct families, make a living by manipulating paper, or by screwing the rest of us over, that's your prerogative.

I like to think, however, that our economy functions better when more of our people have an incentive to do actual productive work, instead of a Chosen Few living high off the hog thanks to the efforts of you and me.