Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I get what is meant. In traditional [[so called) Islam women tend towards modesty, even if not fully covered. But not everyone adheres to that 100%, apparently. In parts of the middle east women are not allowed to drive, they do so here and enjoy that freedom I am certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbpix View Post

It doesn't look like she's stripping to me. What exactly is a "so-called" muslim?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-11 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Saudi Arabia is a deeply fucked-up country, no question about that. I don't see how that's relevant to a thread about a Lebanese-American Muslim getting a DUI in the United States, though.

Folks, Lebanon is NOT a conservative Muslim nation. It's half Christian, and the Lebanese Muslims are pretty liberal or even secular as Muslims go.

I don't think you would see many [[or even any) burkas if you visited Beirut. You would probably see more in Metro Detroit, because of the conservative Yemeni population.

Highland Park is 30th District Court.. the judge she will face is Bridgette Officer.

http://www.highlandparkcity.us/Gover...trictCourt.asp

I wonder how many media outlets will request to take photos, videotape during the arraignment/hearings, and will the judge allow them?

She's transparently enough not the Ambassador of Islam to Metro Detroit, she's just a fun-loving gal from Dearborn that likes to compete in pole-dancing contests, and whose next opponent goes by the moniker Officer Bridget.

It's a case of burka or burpa.

Yep, that is a distinction worth mentioning. It tends to be forgotten that there are is a pretty liberal following of Islam practiced by some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Folks, Lebanon is NOT a conservative Muslim nation. It's half Christian, and the Lebanese Muslims are pretty liberal or even secular as Muslims go.

I don't think you would see many [[or even any) burkas if you visited Beirut. You would probably see more in Metro Detroit, because of the conservative Yemeni population.

what is the name of the pub they were at? Maybe I can be her designated driver next time..

Was it in Highland Park or where they just passing thru HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what is the name of the pub they were at? Maybe I can be her designated driver next time..

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, that is a distinction worth mentioning. It tends to be forgotten that there are is a pretty liberal following of Islam practiced by some.
    She went to catholic schools in Lebanon and New York. Thats where she learned to get her drink on. Many Lebanese do not draw a hard line between being a christian or muslim.

GUSHI Guest

Lebanon is a catholic country, the ruling party is catholic and only a catholic can be president.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Lebanon is a catholic country, the ruling party is catholic and only a catholic can be president.
    No way is Lebanon "a Catholic" country just because the president has to be Christian. Everyone knows the majority sect in Lebanon is Shiite Muslims, just like most Arabs in Dearborn are Shiite Muslims. They're closely followed in numbers by the Sunni. Speaker of Parliament has to be Shiite and Prime Minster has to be Sunni. A stupid, sectarian system probably still used [[in futility) to keep radical Shiite influence from Iran to a minimum. It was the fundamentalist Shiite group "Islamic Jihad" who kidnapped Terry Anderson, who killed William Buckley [[after many months of torture...Actual torture, not waterboarding), who blew up the US embassy and also the Marine barracks. We should forgive, but we should never, ever forget.

Islamic Jihad was the precursor to Hezbollah which controls most of the country now, and the group that many Dearborn residents and apologists identify with in the fight against Israel [[and the US). Let's not be naive.
    Last edited by 65GTO409; December-12-11 at 12:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2