Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

"And if that's not impressive enough, Rove also said Bush found time to read the Bible "from cover to cover" every year." quote

given the death and destruction W has put upon this world Rove must have meant that Bush reads the old testament from cover to cover every year.

Well, President Bush was on vacation for more time than John Kennedy held office. This would give him plenty of time to relax and read to his hearts content.

Sstashmoo [[my post # 22)? Anything?

""What POTUS and associated administration has ever fully satisfied all of your requirements? Please list that POTUS, and your various requirements that were met satisfactorily. Listing flaws of that POTUS or administration would be magnanimous.""

""Sstashmoo [[my post # 22)? Anything?""

What is this, an essay request? Sure some have done things satisfactorily, and some have not. It's irrelevant. I'm concerned about the guy that is in there now. The burden is on him to perform. It matters not what Bush or Clinton did, they were both trainwrecks, but that doesn't matter here. I want to know what the guy with the job now is going to do. He is the one that claimed he could fix it. Seriously, don't make excuses for poor performance. This isn't about aligning with your party and candidate, it's about the welfare of the country as a whole. That job carries a responsibility to the people, it's not a personality contest. Would I like to have a beer with him? For sure. Am I impressed with his performance as President so far? Not really. Hell, even his own constituents during the campaign had to tell him to stop letting the other candidates beat up on him so badly. He had ample opportunities in debates, to come back with great counters and neglected to do so. It was a red flag at the time and it's turning out not to be a false positive. Is he just a nice guy? probably, we don't need a nice guy, we need a prick in office right now. Someone that will put his feet down on issues like trade and not waver or fold to the special interests. We need Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich in office right now, or both. Or even Pat Buchanan.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; June-08-09 at 03:56 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...you forgot to comprehend what I said. I am not making a point of bringing up Clinton's or Carter's [[or FDR's) style, or personal characteristics [[pro or con), rather their politics and actions with the antecedent consequences as they pertain to current events and issues.

They were telling him to attack the messenger the way he was being personally attacked and he kept telling them to relax because he was going to respond solely on the merits of his positions. It still blows me away the way he can restrain himself from giving personal attacks. "Each side will continue to make its case to the public, but surely we can do so without reducing those with differing views to caricature."- 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama

ccbatson Guest

Obamaism once again...what is he doing to CEOs, Hedge fund executives, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh if not exactly what he says shouldn't be done?

Cite the quote. I want to hear it in his words, not Hannity and Rush's paraphasing.

ccbatson Guest

Go to Hannity.com, or listen to his program for the clips pertaining to Hannity. Regarding the CEOs [[at AIG and Wagoner at GM, as well as elsewhere), and hedge funds, I recall seeing/hearing his speech, but will not spend the time finding them for you. Why? I know you heard them all as well as I did.

If I don't want to hear a Hannity paraphrase I should go to Hannity.com? I wouldn't even have clue one as to what term to use in the search. Its your claim.

Quote: "It still blows me away the way he can restrain himself from giving personal attacks."

Maybe he just isn't capable. Maybe he just isn't a fighter. I can tell you this, if I were on trial for a serious crime, I would not want him as my attorney. Relying on the sensibilities of the jury, taking it for granted that they know I'm innocent. I wouldn't confuse all the passivity with steadfastness.

ccbatson Guest

Look for the clips there mjs...it is just a convenient spot to find it. If you like to look elsewhere, feel free.

Give me some key words to use in the search. I've been coming up empty on anything supporting your position.

Trial attorneys are a whole different breed than constitutional scholars. We don't need an attack puppy at the head of our country, we need someone who can hold a course on the rule of law. We are in a world of hurt right now from attack puppy leadership. Let's give a different way a chance.

I get your views now Sstashmoo, and I'll leave you alone.

Define "read."
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-09 at 07:32 PM.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    My G-d the libs here have been thoroughly brainwashed...the man is out of office, and you still talk about his personality and style as if he were still President.

We on the right occasionally harken back and criticise THE POLICIES of former liberals as they relate to current conditions, a much more effective style of debate.
    Maybe it's because the repugnican reich WON'T GO AWAY!

And their evil deeds continue to outlast them.

Why don't you call Dick Cheney and ask him to get off the TV? Haven't we seen enough of his wicked face?

And while you're at it, lose his creepy daughter, Lizard.

Why do you leave out the 'o' in God? Is this some bizarre Christian ritual?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    You say "Give him time" I ask, how much time does he need? When the banks went in red ink they were given [[not loaned) close to a Trillion dollars over a weekend. They were "too big to fail". What about blue collar America? Is it "too" anything to fail? Apparently not. When the automakers went to Washington, an industry that represents Millions of jobs and incomes, they were treated like stray dogs. Their only response after much scrutiny, a temporary fix and an Federally overseen usher in to bankruptcy. Does the present administration not realize how vital an issue the loss of our manufacturing sector is? Do they not realize this open trade door is fleecing this country's manufacturing sector and creating a gap, no "service" based economy could ever hope to fill? Do they not realize what we have/had was our fortune, the manufacturers, the primary generation means of true sustainable wealth, and when it's gone it will be extremely hard to replace? Poor stewards of this nations wealth, that is what it has been. One could even speculate it has been intentionally taken. And it looks to be a continuance of that. The trade situation needs to be addressed immediately. Instead we see Geithner in China last week "strengthening our ties" with "our trade partner". Does this sound as though it's being addressed in the same manner in which Obama promised in his two years of dominating the airwaves with his message?
    I understand your frustation with this, I believe Obama understands this as well. However any protectionist measures at this point is like closing the barn door after all the horses have left and it may come back on us in a seriously negative way. This was a long time developing. It seems like the Clinton administration bought into the free trade kool-aid whereas we should have been protecting our manufacturing base. This kind of situation won't be resolved in one year, one term either, maybe if Obama gets a second term we can start to see some progress.

The issues with the financial sector and auto industry are like comparing apples and oranges. They required two different approaches. With the financial sector we were in danger of our financial system collapsing on a world wide basis. With the auto industry, they were stubbornly clinging to a business model that was outdated. They would have kept coming back to the well for more and more money.

With the emphasis on "Green Technology" the administration is trying to jumpstart existing industries with new technology. Its not only good for the environment but its a jobs creator, and he needs the auto companies to get on board. We don't need to hear that only gasoline powered SUV's are going to sell. The big picture is that green technology is going to update existing industries, and create some new industries thereby creating jobs in the process. However this is not an overnight fix but something for the long term. Obama at least realizes this and he is making it a high priority item in his domestic agenda.

Why do you leave out the 'o' in God? Is this some bizarre Christian ritual
    It's a Jewish ritual.

I think he is really using it out of respect....G-D.. w/out O

It's out for reverence for God, Paraphrasing: man is not worthy to express his name. Some faiths employ this, Judaism is one. It's a respectable concept.

So you guys should start addressing me as Sst_shmoo

just to point out that the english word "god" comes from "Gautr" -- one of the names of Odin

St-sh ...glad to see you still have your sense of humor... h-ping fo rdivine intervention tonight fo rthe wings,,,,

rd wngs need no divine intervention from the hcky gds

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    rd wngs need no divine intervention from the hcky gds
    I know but we have to overcome the commish... I hear G-d wears whiterobe some mistaken for a jersey and has added a red slash to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast