Ever since I moved to this area 10 years ago, the area between Chene and Mt Elliot South of 94 there seems to be a constant burning of houses and buildings. My gut tells me someone is being paid to set these fires. Theres been some speculation here in the past years but am wondering if theres any new theories.

I was in a vacant one day about a year ago, about 3 younh guys came in and were surprised to find me, they said something about this house is being set for demolition or being torn down even though it was on the brink of being rehabable. Two days later the house next door burned to the ground, about two days after that the house I was in burned. They were quickly cleaned up and are now vacant lots.

I cant help but think someones trying to clear this land. Even the old shack I lived in on Medbury burned, unfortunately with my friend living there and his dog was inside.

Any ideas? Is this just normal for Detroit. Im really only used to living i this area and the Corridor which doesnt get all that many fires. Seems like some sort of land grab is goin on.