Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Local stocking stuffer deals [[Not USA but trying).

There is a local hardware, let's call it ACO'RN, that has a soap bar sized 24 LED Flood light w/a 3 LED flashlight called Maxcraft. Powered by 3 aaa batts, included. A recessed hook and super magnet on the back.

The fit and finish is great now, but down the line, who know's ? - it's Chinese. But for $7.99, it would be a great stocking stuffer for Dad, Boyfriend, Husband, Son, or Lover.

Men love flashlights, like Women love flowers. A new flashlight comes out, and you have several older men wandering away from their wives, at the store, to congregate with their bifocals and hands in pockets to comment on the pros and cons.

This seems to be worth every penny. Chinese value - American desperation.

That's why I bought it, Johnny5 - because my power went out, YET AGAIN. I have the stick Craftsman light that has giving me 8 good years. But I need a backup just to find my generator at two in the morning.
    Last edited by Bigb23; December-02-11 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Want to be true as much as possible. Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    There is a local hardware, let's call it ACO'RN, that has a soap bar sized 24 LED Flood light w/a 3 LED flashlight called Maxcraft. Powerd by 3 aaa batts, included. A recessed hook and super magnet on the back.

The fit and finish is great now, but down the line, who know's ? - it's Chinese. But for $7.99, it would be a great stocking stuffer for Dad, Boyfriend, Husband, Son, or Lover.

Men love flashlights, like Women love flowers. A new flashlight comes out, and you have several older men wandering away from their wives, at the store, to congregate with their bifocals and hands in pockets to comment on the pros and cons.

This seems to be worth every penny. Chinese value - American desporation.
    I have a similar light and it has replaced my corded trouble light for most situations. They're also good for emergency lighting during power outages.

if you're looking for a tough, reliable LED light that is at least assembled in the U.S you may want to consider Princeton TEC. They make some of the best headlamps out there and as far as I know most of them are still made here.

And the best thing to have during that next power outage?

A two burner Coleman Lantern w/ propane from your hippie days, will heat a small room with light, turn on the radio, grab that good book, and wait it out, while checking the DTE outage map with your laptop batteries.

Then, walk out into the pouring sleet with the above products, and drag out your 2500 watt generator, lay out the lines, and hope to hell you will survive the night.

When you are about exhausted, the power will be on 12 hours ahead of schedule. [[As per DTE).

Wash, and repeat.