Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CalvinJam Guest

Default Catholicism vs. Islam live tonight [[Friday, Dec 2, 2011)

Tonight at 9 PM Eastern / 8 PM Central, Dr. Robert Sungenis, a renowned Catholic scholar who defends the Catholic faith, will have a discussion with the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam.

The subject of the debate is "The True Religion of God that is based in the Word of God".

The debate will be broadcast live on UHF TV33 and WHPR 88.1 FM in Detroit, Michigan.

The discussion will also be broadcast over a conference call live. The number to the conference call is
    [[712) 432-0075 and the access code is 912932#.

It will be broadcast live at
    www.thenewnationofislam.com

and also at
    www.tv33live.com

What is the true religion of God? It's time for the truth to come out.

For more information, please call [[601) 870-2744.

Sounds like a bigotryfest for the ignorant.

Yup. I'm sure it will be an epic battle of equally matched wits, finally settling this question once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Yup. I'm sure it will be an epic battle of equally matched wits, finally settling this question once and for all.
    LOL - too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Very funny indeed!
    I'm almost tempted to go check this out, just for the laughs.

M two cents: they will both prove they do not represent "the true religion."

Jesus vs. Mohammed. This time, it's PERSONAL.

"Oh no! It's Judas Iscariot...with a steel chair!!! WHERE ARE THE REFEREES?!"

Ravine Guest

"What is the true religion of God? It's time for the truth to come out."

Yeah, maybe so.
    Too bad He won't be there to elucidate.

What a shame I missed the debate between the Son of Man and Terry Jones. Luckily it's available on the web at http://www.thenewnationofislam.com/

I can't wait to receive all of the learnings I shall receive from this video. Finally, the truth will emerge!

[[Cues jingle) Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you feel like the other nut.

-Son of Dad
    Last edited by fryar; December-02-11 at 12:19 PM.

Maybe they should follow this up with a re-broadcast of Mitch Albom's have a little faith?

Did God make a tree?; or did he make trees??

Occurrence Guest

I wonder who is going to win the debate? Seeing as all religions are equally stupid a ridicules, I'd guess it's going to be a drawl.

Together, they are the 2 largest cults in the world. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Together, they are the 2 largest cults in the world. IMO
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. The New Nation of Islam is a splinter group of the NOI, which itself is more often than not seen by other Muslims as being islamic in name only, from what I understand.

If God is all-knowing then he's a secular humanist.

Or maybe a serial humorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Jesus vs. Mohammed. This time, it's PERSONAL.
    LOL.

My god can beat up your god!

The NOI is better known as the black muslims, Malcolm X's group. THe NNOI was probably started by someone who didn't like Elijah Muhammad's successor as leader, someone who didn't recognize him as the Son of Man, the title Jesus supposedly gave himself. The website features a lot of "debates" with religious leaders on various issues, the SoM no doubt declaring victory in each case.

http://www.thenewnationofislam.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    LOL.

My god can beat up your god!
    Actually there is only one God that is recognized by both religions and it is the same God. How you worship him/her is based largely upon the culture in which you were raised.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Actually there is only one God that is recognized by both religions and it is the same God. How you worship him/her is based largely upon the culture in which you were raised.
    I know. I was just being a smart aleck.

Actually muslims do not worship any god with a son, so says the Quran. No doubt they see that as pagan which it is, gods consorting with humans.

CalvinJam Guest

I just spoke to someone at the New Nation of Islam, and here's what they told me:

You can hear the debate by calling this number at 9 PM:

[[712) 432-0075 and putting in this access code:
    912932#.

They said that sometimes when a lot of people call the conference call at the same time, it may give a busy signal, but just keep trying it and it will let you through.

They also said that since the conference call will only hold 1000 callers, that we might want to call in early.

I'm looking forward to this. :-)

lit joe Guest

who's name do you put on the check J C or Moe, find out tonight tune in not out.

Occurrence Guest

If you're an adult who has never heard of the Bible, and stumbled upon it at a used book store, I'm pretty sure you would want to throw it in the trash.

I'm glad I didn't have that crap kicked into my head when I was a kid, but to each their own I guess.

This is the best thread I have ever read anywhere. You are all a bunch of theological geniuses [[genii?) Best laugh I've had in months. Thanks y'all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast