Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    There is terrific music out there these days, it is just hard to find and not heard on the radio.

Funny how the likes of Amy Winehouse [[RIP), Adele [[who does have a good voice), Duffy, etc., have become popular in recent years when their music is Motown re-wrapped as something different from across the pond.
    This band is particularly awesome...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tzxzjC_D0

Occurrence Guest

+ 1 on that band. That chick has one hell of a voice.

I can't believe that guy said there is no good modern music. That might have to go down as one of the most absurd things I've read on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    + 1 on that band. That chick has one hell of a voice.

I can't believe that guy said there is no good modern music. That might have to go down as one of the most absurd things I've read on these boards.
    I meant mainstream music.

Mainstream is at its very worst.

I mean you have Lady Gaga crap topping the charts now while even back in 1970 [[and it just got better the further back you go) you had Marvin Gaye topping the charts. You be the judge on who's the better musician, one of the greatest vocalists and lyricists in history who songs were orchestrated by the Detriot Symphony Orchestra [[real instruments), or the autotuned crap today with the beatboxes in full efffect.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaspen View Post
    This band is particularly awesome...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tzxzjC_D0
    As for this song, it's OK, nothing special.

The NFL has ALWAYS been stodgy in musical selection, don't you people remember the half-time show @ the Silverdome in '82 was "Up With People"?! That said, Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction supposedly put 'em on Red Alert, so there you go. That said, I see Victoria Spivey as a legacy performer..if she's good enough for Bob Dylan, she's good enough for me; http://joeb-tallyho.blogspot.com/200...iams-with.html Something I was reminded of watching "The Blues Brothers" this weekend, I saw B.B. KIng this summer. While he didn't have the same energy when I saw him in 1987, that crowd was with him every step of the way, & we're lucky to have him as he is among the very last of his class.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    The NFL has ALWAYS been stodgy in musical selection........
    ......and everything else. It's a reflection of the individual team owners and always will be. All of them are over 50, three of them are over 85 and when Al Davis recently passed away at age 82, control of the team ownership went to his wife and son, meaning the average age of NFL owners hardly budged downward.

A much better halftime alternative. Plus having his dad play bass is awesome.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ative-20111123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2