I'm not asking for any personal stories here, but can somebody give me some input on the state of inpatient psychiatric hospitals here in Detroit, in particular pediatric? Children's does not seem to have anything. There is a place called BCA Stonecrest on Gratiot. Beyond that you need to start going out to Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, etc. I fully recognize that mental health treatment is [[unjustifiably) an afterthought in most insurance plans, typically lumped in with "substance abuse" and other stigmatized "behavioral" issues.And for background, anybody have some non-politicized history on the Lafayette Clinic and its Englerized closure? Did I just politicize this by calling it "Englerized"? Answer: No, it was his administration's idea and action.Rather than just trying to stir the pot I am really interested in this. With a family member recently hospitalized it is puzzling to me why there seem to be so few local facilities to treat this. Perhaps Detroit is average in this respect? Or do we devalue mental health more than other places? Perhaps knee replacements are more lucrative. I fully support incorporating the mentally ill into the community - we are all somewhere on the spectrum of relative mental health. But how do we help the people, particularly the children, who can't handle daily life due to their own inner turmoil? I do not support suicide by police. Clearly this is a ripe opportunity for smart-ass remarks. But please work with me, people!