Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Tower Defense/ Aerospace Factory Workers Party at Lunch

First it was Chrysler now this - well 'em-er OK:

A. There are very few manufacturing jobs left in Michigan, even fewer in Detroit
    B. There are even 'fewer' jobs that hire people who have criminal records [[this company does/ did)
    C. I guess lunch breaks are for more than eating lunch!

Tower Defense and Aerospace Factory Workers Party at Lunch

Tower Defense makes parts for armored vehicles

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ch-20111122-ms

I was in Chicago this weekend and Fox News aired this entire segment in their 9 o'clock news. The story has gone national

It was amazing!
    Last edited by illwill; November-23-11 at 10:15 AM.

Just don't buy an armored vehicle made on a Monday or Friday.

That was the rule with Detoit Iron for decades.

This seems more an attempt to change a tiger's stripes, AFAIC.

Cheers!

What happens Tuesday thru Thursday? Drinking luke warm coffee with burgers? LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Just don't buy an armored vehicle made on a Monday or Friday.

That was the rule with Detoit Iron for decades.

This seems more an attempt to change a tiger's stripes, AFAIC.

Cheers!

Ha. Yeah. And pay no attention to those cocksucking, criminal bankers using your tax money to throw a fuckin' party in the Bahamas after crashing the economy. More anti-worker propaganda. Fuck you, Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ha. Yeah. And pay no attention to those cocksucking, criminal bankers using your tax money to throw a fuckin' party in the Bahamas after crashing the economy

Um...that's not exactly how banking works.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Um...that's not exactly how banking works.
    Sorry, corktown. You know I'm talking about the large investment banks, the ratings agencies and the 'too-big-to-fail' investment services firms who crashed the economy, not bankers who play by the rules...

Ummm, forget Fox in the larger picture of this. The criminal bankers and the folks drinking and goofing off during work hours NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED! It need not be an 'either/ or' prospect!

These workers stuff was WIDE OPEN - they were 'sitting' [[or shall we say fence leaning) ducks waiting for an expose! This was too easy... what where they thinking? Perhaps if PBS would have covered the issue it would be better?

I DO NOT endorse the drinking and smoking on the job, but what ever happened to being on the down-low with your stuff if you're so inclined to do it on the job.

One of their 'puff-puff-give' friends probably dropped the dime!

Ha. Yeah. And pay no attention to those cocksucking, criminal bankers using your tax money to throw a fuckin' party in the Bahamas after crashing the economy. More anti-worker propaganda. Fuck you, Fox.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-23-11 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ummm, forget Fox in the larger picture of this. The criminal bankers and the folks drinking and goofing off during work hours NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED! It need not be an 'either' or. ''

These workers where 'sitting' ducks waiting for an expose. Perhaps if PBS would have covered the issue it would be better?

I DO NOT endorse the drinking and smoking on the job, but what ever happened to being on the down-low with your stuff if you're so inclined to do it on the job. Dummies!

One of their 'puff-puff-give' friends probably dropped the dime!
    Yeah, but you know Fox would never, ever, in a million-billion years take the criminal bankers to task for ANYTHING. Nope, it's all about cracking down on workers.

Allow me to reiterate: Fuck Fox.

yeah.....YEAH.

I think it's hilarious that such pious individuals are willing to crucify joe-luchbox for hittin a blunt at lunch, while every sportsbar and TGIF in town is filled to the brim from noon till ? with "happyhour management". I've never seen FOX2 casing one of those joints.

Double-standards are a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    I think it's hilarious that such pious individuals are willing to crucify joe-luchbox for hittin a blunt at lunch, while every sportsbar and TGIF in town is filled to the brim from noon till ? with "happyhour management".Double-standards are a bitch.
    You do realize there's a difference between workers running heavy industrial equipment and workers who drive desks all day, right? If management requires their workers to not drink on company time, then they should hold to that rule as well, but not all workplaces have, or need, those rules.

By the way, most of the "happy hour management" people you see at TGIF at 3PM are probably sales guys. One company I worked for - the sales guys would be gone all afternoon, either golfing or taking clients out to the bar. Seems unfair, but they'd haul in multiple seven-figure deals a year, so it's hard to complain, it's just part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    yeah.....YEAH.

I think it's hilarious that such pious individuals are willing to crucify joe-luchbox for hittin a blunt at lunch, while every sportsbar and TGIF in town is filled to the brim from noon till ? with "happyhour management". I've never seen FOX2 casing one of those joints.

Double-standards are a bitch.
    damn straight

Riiiiiight, and those were S.A.G. hired actors in that story.

Who cares about the couple who tied the 80 year old woman's hands behind her back and slit her throat? After all Stalin killed millions, just killing one is no biggie, right?

I think every case should be judged on it's own merits, we just happen to disagree.

A few years ago I was told that the employees of US Steel couldn't leave the building/property for lunch because of insurance reasons. The owner of Kovac's bar said it killed his buisness.

If these workers want everything that's accorded to them in their union contract if they get injured on the job they should also abide by the part of the contract that states that drinking and smoking pot isn't allowed.

Ha. Yeah. And pay no attention to those cocksucking, criminal bankers using your tax money to throw a fuckin' party in the Bahamas after crashing the economy.
    Was there some big party in the Bahamas?

Quote Originally Posted by 13074Glenfield View Post
    Originally Posted by Detroitnerd
    Ha. Yeah. And pay no attention to those cocksucking, criminal bankers using your tax money to throw a fuckin' party in the Bahamas after crashing the economy.
    Was there some big party in the Bahamas?
    Nice to see the casual homophobia still going strong around here. Cocksuckers? really?

unless, of course, someone can tell me what else we're supposed to infer when someone calls a group of people [[generally understood to be made up of mostly men) cocksuckers?

More anti-worker propaganda. Fuck you, Fox.
    Anti-worker propaganda? I don't quite see it that way. I think most people will see it as the outrageous actions of a handful of individuals that have no regard for other people, no sense of responsibility, and are so selfish that they can't wait 8 hours to go home and dope it up.

As to your feelings toward Fox, that's exactly how I feel about the Fox News Channel! [[although I don't mind WJBK)
    Last edited by Scottathew; November-27-11 at 09:18 AM.

I hear you. No worries, this is why more and more manufacturing companies will take their business farther away from the city and out of Michigan [[out of bounds of even the SMART buses).

Behind that we'll not have to argue about who's BUSINESS is it, or rather it's our business, and what "Anti-worker" violation it is blah-blah!

Not that there are not problems with suburban workers, I AM NOT SAYING THIS. But we will not be represented there to work or BOLDLY 'goof' off.

WE SIMPLY WILL NOT BE ON THE PREMISES!!!!

So further argumentation will indeed be moot.

Case closed.

The 'not my business' issue and perspective SOLVED.
    Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Anti-worker propaganda? I don't quite see it that way. I think most people will see it as the outrageous actions of a handful of individuals that have no regard for other people, no sense of responsibility, and are so selfish that they can't wait 8 hours to go home and dope it up.

As to your feelings toward Fox, that's exactly how I feel about the Fox News Channel! [[although I don't mind WJBK)
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-11 at 10:06 AM.

Found it posted on a feminist blog I frequent. If they gave out awards for awkward veiled racism, that reporter would win, hands down.

http://jezebel.com/5862283/black-peo...ox-news-report

What a really fabulous rant corktownyuppie. I enjoyed reading it so much.

The CCR mentions that it isn't a small business or 8a or even veteran-owned so they won't be getting any kind of advantage with regards to contract preferences.

Also know that the govt. can terminate just about any contact for convenience:
    https://www.acquisition.gov/far/05-5...part 49_5.html

The DoD will NOT be happy about convicted felons on the job, that's why "losing your security clearance" is a big deal[[I knew a few people who were well acquainted with "The Falcon & The Snowman" the entire family ended up f'd by that clown and yes, they were WHITE PEOPLE). All this "shoot the messenger" stuff is a bore, let's face it-Detroit invented "Monday & Friday cars".

I'm getting sick and tired of the on slam on the UAW. You make us out to be the devil. We are not the devil, but just people like you. Down your street. Live with it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast