For those of you who have heard of the Robocop Trilogy, and have been following up on the Detroit crisis, I'm sure you understand what OCP stands for...

Omni Consumer Products.

This company in the Robocop Trilogy took control of the Detroit Police Department, since the current citizen government couldn't afford to run the department.

What are the similarities of this compared to what's happening in the present? The privatization of city services are starting, even though it's starting with the transportation and lighting departments first. Privatization could go even further, which is why some should be careful what they wish for.

In each movie, the company gained more power up to the point where it gained complete control over the entire city of Detroit. It's citizens at its mercy. Their goal, to rebuild the city in their own image: Delta City.

I'd rather not imagine what a corporate-controlled city would look like, let alone a city being controlled by a EFM.

There are some that remain, either by choice or by the inability to move elsewhere, in Detroit that feel that they will be forced out in order to make room for more "desirable" citizens. These fears increase by the day as our city officials and corporate interests meet to decide the future of Detroit.

In this post, I ask, would the complete privatization of Detroit bring this city back from its decay? If not, then what's the alternative? If so, how would it truly be implemented in this real-world?