Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I don’t trust him.

When Mildred Gaddis was on TV, she had “meet the candidate” type shows . She was charging $1000 to be a part of those shows. You can’t do that. He is [[was) a journalist. If anybody knew that was unethical, he did. He did it anyway and didn’t come clean until he got called out for it.

When he won the election, he immediately hired a family member for a high paying job on his staff. That’s right out of Kwame’s playbook of the friends and family plan.

He also immediately [[after the election) started a “civic fund” [[ another move out of Kwame’s playbook) and said it would be “completely transparent”. However, he refused to make the donor list public.

Then he crashed a city owned car and was less than forthcoming about the accident. Another "smells like Kwame" moment.

Most recently, it has been revealed that he hasn’t filed annual campaign reports and it appears he’s been using his campaign account as a slush fund. To top it off, he is blaming someone else for the withdrawals.

He was a diehard Kwame supporter. To the bitter end.

Finally, his personal finances are a mess and they have been for years.

Obviously, he doesn’t know how to manage money, and he never will. How can he be trusted to manage the city’s money?
    Last edited by Thames; November-16-11 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    I don’t trust him.

When Mildred Gaddis was on TV, she had “meet the candidate” type shows . She was charging $1000 to be a part of those shows. You can’t do that. He is [[was) a journalist. If anybody knew that was unethical, he did. He did it anyway and didn’t come clean until he got called out for it.

When he won the election, he immediately hired a family member for a high paying job on his staff. That’s right out of Kwame’s playbook of the friends and family plan.

He also immediately [[after the election) started a “civic fund” [[ another move out of Kwame’s playbook) and said it would be “completely transparent”. However, he refused to make the donor list public.

Then he crashed a city owned car and was less than forthcoming about the accident. Another "smells like Kwame" moment.

Most recently, it has been revealed that he hasn’t filed annual campaign reports and it appears he’s been using his campaign account as a slush fund. To top it off, he is blaming someone else for the withdrawals.

He was a diehard Kwame supporter. To the bitter end.

Finally, his personal finances are a mess and they have been for years.

Obviously, he doesn’t know how to manage money, and he never will. How can he be trusted to manage the city’s money?
    I am going to make note of your points and see how over time Pugh responds to this.

The manner and truthfulness of his answers will give me my opinion of him.

..he led a push for city council to get more direct management power over city services.. I don't think it happened with the charter commission revisions.. I'm not thrilled with council apparently getting the legal nod to design districts.. in an interview, Pugh said once he would like to see downtown split up three ways. I'm not sure what the long-term impact of that would be..
    I wonder if he'll have another "meet Pugh" get-together like he did in, September I think it was..