Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Opinion of Charles Pugh

For the record, I did not vote for Pugh because I knew like Monica Conyers he would get in because of his name. I was disappointed that Detroiters would by default make him the council president like they made Conyers the President Pro Tem.

I just watched the news at 12 and WDIV had an interview with Pugh in which they asked him what he wanted Bing to say this evening and he said he wants to hear layoffs, cuts which is fine and dandy if to shore up assets but you don't make it sound like it's no big deal and that is what he did. Everyone knows that Detroit has to make tough choices but there is way to do things and when you are a politician you really have to know what to say on TV.

Maybe Pugh thinks that a majority of Detroit workers are suburbanites. Maybe they are. After all, Engler and the legislature got rid of residency requirements and many city workers fled the city in name only. [[they were already gone physically) Pain is coming and many will feel that pain. What they don't need is some condescending ex-newsman/council president get on television and make it seem like it's no big deal to lose your job especially when the council president does not have to worry about his job being lost for another two years.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; November-16-11 at 12:58 PM.