Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
The city is much bigger than Palmer Woods, Rosedale Park and Sherwood Forest [[What's that? 3 sq. miles out of a 143 sq. mi. city?).

That said, I can't imagine, looking at the city as a whole, too many people paying property taxes, or are even paying a mortgage on a home to pay property taxes on, when the per capita income is only $15,000 and the median taxable income is less than $30,000. Out of 350,000 homes, only half are officially owned [[and again, that's not factoring in other nuances such as the home owner renting out the property or carpetbaggers). So you do the math...

Furthermore, out of all the Detroit adults over 25, only 12% have degrees. So, that's less than 50,000 out of over 300,000 people.

That said, you may be right about the manufacturing work. But again, I doubt they're too many after factoing in just under 200,000 people live below poverty.
The OP had only mentioned looking in Palmer Woods and La Salle. So I assumed everything was in response to those particular neighborhoods. If City Airport and Brightmoor were included, I didn't catch it. My bad.