This story has overtones of Robin Hood slaying the king's deer. It seems that deer had been observed with arrows protruding. The article also says that bow hunting of deer is actually legal in a small part of Farmington Hills.

For a month, various residents have seen deer with arrows protruding from them near Eight Mile and Orchard Lake roads, but police hope the illegal hunting is at an end after speaking to two suspects.

“Our best educated guess … is that there’s been three deer that have been shot with arrows,” said Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus.
A few years ago while visiting relatives in Rochester Hills who had a large field behind their house, we saw a bow hunter dragging a slain deer.

Does anyone know the extent of legal [and illegal] hunting in metro communities?

I suppose arguments could be made for supporting this. Deer are abundant hereabouts and frequently seen along the several hundred forested acres of the Upper Rouge River that flows though the back of my property and where, further downstream, this story takes place. Three, including an 8 point buck in pursuit of two does, just bounded through as I am writing this and are, gasp, rutting across the river. Oakland County is third in the state in car-deer accidents with close to 2000 per year.

Will deer hunting will join urban farming as part of the re-agrarianism of Metro Detroit? lol