Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Slow news day, huh?

Federal indictment: Kilpatrick took more kickbacks

By Robert Snell/ The Detroit News

Detroit— Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick pocketed more kickbacks while in office than initially thought, according to fresh allegations made in federal court Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney's Office filed a superseding indictment against Kilpatrick that accuses the former mayor of receiving additional kickbacks from unidentified sources and making additional extortion attempts.

The indictment does not add new charges against Kilpatrick, but does add seven money laundering counts against his friend and city contractor Bobby Ferguson. The feds also leveled a new allegation against Ferguson, accusing him of a new instance of witness tampering...

The new charges and allegations show the federal corruption probe against Kilpatrick has continued almost one year after he was charged in a 38-count federal indictment.

http://detnews.com/article/20111116/...acks-in-office

313hero, you know KK signed for the amount, right? How is that extortion by the people whom received the settlement?

The verdict was handed down for less...KK tried to appeal...then came the higher amount for the settlement.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    313hero, you know KK signed for the amount, right? How is that extortion by the people whom received the settlement?

The verdict was handed down for less...KK tried to appeal...then came the higher amount for the settlement.
    313hero doesn't want to hear that. 313hero wants to see it 313hero's way, and if the facts contradict that view, the facts must be wrong, and we're all fools for believing them.
    If you prove 313hero to be clearly wrong, 313hero will, thereafter, ignore that part of the discussion.
    However, if 313hero's writing is any indication of 313hero's general literacy, it is no wonder that 313hero seems to be so clueless as to what has really been going on.

This thread marks the first time, for me, when the following sequence has occurred:
    1) False statement is posted.
    2) I call out the falseness of the statement.
    3) Poster of false statement insists that statement is true, suggests that I examine the very source which A) I just returned from examining, B) proves statement to be false, and-- with hilarious petulance-- calls me "asshole."
    4) I point out that the source to which poster referred is the source which proves original statement to be false; poster continues to rant on, while conveniently avoiding any further mention of original false statement.

So, before any of you expend energy, or spend time, on trying to argue out the various aspects of the People vs. Kwame Kilpatrick with 313hero, bear in mind what kind of character you're dealing with.

After reading how Kilpatrick was shaking down contractors through his emissary Bobby Ferguson I can see how can continue to lease out very big Texas homes.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post

The Verdict was for 6 mill. KK vowed to appeal [[Didnt actually try) he SAID they was. Stefani and GB said not only are you NOT going to appeal you are going to settle for 2.4m more than what was rewarded if you dont want these messages to get out. KK stupidly agreed and the rest is history. You conveniently left the part about why he signed it over for more money.

black·mail

 /ˈblækˌmeɪl/ Show Spelled[blak-meyl] Show IPA
    noun 1. any payment extorted by intimidation, as by threats of injurious revelations or accusations.

2. the extortion of such payment: He confessed rather than suffer the dishonor of blackmail.

3. a tribute formerly exacted in the north of England and in Scotland by freebooting chiefs for protection from pillage.

ex·tort

 /ɪkˈstɔrt/ Show Spelled[ik-stawrt] Show IPA
    verb [[used with object) 1. Law . a. to wrest or wring [[money, information, etc.) from a person by violence, intimidation, or abuse of authority; obtain by force, torture, threat, or the like.

b. to take illegally by reason of one's office.

2. to compel [[something) of a person or thing: Her wit and intelligence extorted their admiration

Sounds alot like Blackmail to me

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    The Verdict was for 6 mill. KK vowed to appeal [[Didnt actually try) he SAID they was. Stefani and GB said not only are you NOT going to appeal you are going to settle for 2.4m more than what was rewarded if you dont want these messages to get out. KK stupidly agreed and the rest is history. You conveniently left the part about why he signed it over for more money.
    In light of the recent charges of KK operating a criminal enterprise, continuing to argue the outcome of the Whistleblower lawsuit is ludicrous. But, for the record, this passage, lifted directly from the official City Council Lawsuit Settlement Memorandum, explicitly details "the part about why he signed it over for more money."

"This matter went to trial on August 20, 2007 and concluded on September 11, 2007. The Jury returned an award to the Plaintiffs of $6.5 million dollars. As of September 11, 2007 with interest this amount was approximately $7.5 million dollars. Plaintiffs have requested approximately $1 million dollars in attorney fees and costs. Additionally, the Plaintiffs seek mediation sanctions.

Ob October 17, 2007, the parties were ordered to Facilitation to determine attorney fees. At that time, the Plaintiffs expressed an interest to resolve the entire matter. After hours of negotiations, the Plaintiffs are willing to settle this matter in the amount of $8 million dollars subject to City Council approval.

EVALUATION/LIABILITY

The Plaintiffs already have a judgment against the Defendants in the amount of 6.5 million dollars. Interest on this Judgment accrues back to the date of the filing of the lawsuit in 2003 and continues until the Judgment is satisfied. While the Defendants believe there are viable issues that may be appealed in this case, however should Defendants lose on appeal the City would face payment of a Judgment of over $12 million dollars. To avoid the uncertainty of appeal, it is recommended that the Brown/Neithrope litigation settle in the amount of $8 million dollars.
    "

Source:
    http://media.myfoxdetroit.com/textscandal/kwame.pdf

END OF STORY.

Perhaps now we can return to November 2011 and refocus on the actual topic of this thread? Any thoughts on how an indigent KK, with well over $800,000 in legal liabilities, facing a boatload of racketeering charges, being defended by a taxpayer-funded legal team, can afford to live in a 5,000 square foot house, larger than the frickin' Manoogian mansion?

Care to weigh in on that question,
    313hero?

I am fascinated that 313Hero says that he is one of the many contributing their pittances to KK - who appears to have a lot of money squirreled away in that he can support his family in the manner they believe they are entitled to even while spending a year in prison and earning nothing.

So, as you mentioned above, 313Hero - why are you bringing money orders for fifty bucks to help him pay the restitution that he just doesn't want to pay? Don't you get it? He is letting you put in while he's driving the big cars and living high? Is it like giving to God for you?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I am fascinated that 313Hero says that he is one of the many contributing their pittances to KK - who appears to have a lot of money squirreled away in that he can support his family in the manner they believe they are entitled to even while spending a year in prison and earning nothing.

So, as you mentioned above, 313Hero - why are you bringing money orders for fifty bucks to help him pay the restitution that he just doesn't want to pay? Don't you get it? He is letting you put in while he's driving the big cars and living high? Is it like giving to God for you?
    I donated cause I felt that it was some bull crap for the judge to try to make KK cough up 300k in 90 days after they showed he didnt have it in court for everybody to see. yeah he got a loan for 250k and they showed how they spent it. I personally thought it was some bull to give someone 5 years to pay something and just because he moved to a nice house wanted him to pay half of the debt within the first year out of 5. And after coughing up 100k fresh out of jail. KK by no means is a god to me. Where you came up w/ that assertion I'll never know. but I really dont care, its expected from people like you. Now the question any REAL person would be asking is why in the hell did the news put my ful name, address and show my house on the news over a $50 money putting my family in danger. Ask that MF

But KK obviously had $300k and more - how else did his family of four at home live during the time he was in prison without any financial contribution from the other adult in the family [[ even though all her children in school, Carlita can afford to stay home!)? How else are they affording to live in a fine house on [[anticipated) $60,000 per year? how else is KK affording 3 or 4 high-priced football tix and other events?

I pity you that you would trudge over to put $50 in his collection basket. There are orphans and widows that need it a lot more than KK - but he has you snookered that he needs your help and that you should "feel sorry" for him Meanwhile, he merely goes to the bathroom and other friends hand him $10,000 per trip.

Monies contributed to pay court debts are recorded and public record - just like campaign contributions are. If you expected privacy, you erred.
    Last edited by SWMAP; November-17-11 at 01:12 PM.

Call me a sucka but I'm a person who believes in America and its founding priciples. I ACTUALLY believe someone is innocent until PROVEN guilty. It amazes me that everybody go crazy over KK's $1mill debt owed to the city but no one cares that the State Owes the city $220m. I'm not a rocket scientist but last time I checked 220 is a whole lot more than 1. I must be wrong. It also amazes me that our CURRENT Mayor recieved Millions [[something like 2.5) from Detroit pension fund, for a development project he never broke ground on and dont plan to. But KK's 800k is WAAAAAAY more interesting or better yet WAAAAY more important than 200m and 2.5m. #realitychecksareabitch

GB was NEVER fired from the POLICE DEPT. He RETIRED. He was Unappointed from the position KK Appointed him to. and when you accept an appointment you are an at will employee.
    So my "accusations" mean nothing. It means nothing that schemed and used text messages to extort Millions of dollars from this city is "more like evening the scales"??? They violated a judges order, Lied about it. gave the messages to the media then made a deal for 2.4mill more dollars to not tell anyone and thats not extortion??? You right they was public. so why didnt the FOIA request them???Hmmmmm. and just let them out??? Oh I forgot they NEEDED DETROITS TAX PAYER MONEY FIRST. and as far as a ruined career thats bullshit. they all recieved their pension, insurance and all other benefits, and Got Millions on top of it. if you go to Herols Nelthrops FB page it says he's retired from DPD. Gary Brown is making 80k on council, recieving his pension, insured, and got 3million dollars. Yeah his lfe was ruined SMH
    313Hero, I'll just leave this here. Fast forward to the 3:20 mark of this little snippet from The Daily Show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-6-2008/rustbelt-f--kfest

Now the question any REAL person would be asking is why in the hell did the news put my ful name, address and show my house on the news over a $50 money putting my family in danger. Ask that MF
    If, as you stated earlier, KK continues to have such widespread support that he'd be re-elected today, how exactly is your family in danger? What's there to be worried about? That said, putting anyone's address on the news was a mistake, not going to argue that, but it's inconsequential to the thread subject.

The larger question remains: how can an indigent KK, with well over $800,000 in legal liabilities, facing a boatload of racketeering charges, being defended by a taxpayer-funded legal team, afford to live in a 5,000 square foot house, larger than the frickin' Manoogian mansion?

If you or I were in the same legal and financial situation would we be "living large"? Or would we be keeping a low profile, doing our best to live as modestly and private as possible until we were free of whatever legal entanglements our previous behavior got us into?

The newspapers have reported the feds are continuing to gather evidence in their pending racketeering case, anyone in their right mind should have known that. If you're claiming to be broke, best to be living like you're broke, right?

Sans any sign of remorse, seems to me he's going for it; he's embraced his well-earned gangster notoriety and, in the spirit of Ms. Beatty, is wondering if the feds and the legal system know who the fuck he is?

Uh, I think they do.

This isn't some reality show, this is the real deal, believing in your self-inflated hype can have severe consequences. KK best stop the charade, admit boy wonder's bit off more than he can chew and 'come to Jesus' as soon as possible.

If not, he's essentially admitting he's never been anything but a not so common criminal. Which is exactly what he's now charged with.

Imagine that...

Now that Derrick Miller is singing like a bird, I wonder what else is going to come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post

If, as you stated earlier, KK continues to have such widespread support that he'd be re-elected today, how exactly is your family in danger? What's there to be worried about? That said, putting anyone's address on the news was a mistake, not going to argue that, but it's inconsequential to the thread subject.

The larger question remains: how can an indigent KK, with well over $800,000 in legal liabilities, facing a boatload of racketeering charges, being defended by a taxpayer-funded legal team, afford to live in a 5,000 square foot house, larger than the frickin' Manoogian mansion?

If you or I were in the same legal and financial situation would we be "living large"? Or would we be keeping a low profile, doing our best to live as modestly and private as possible until we were free of whatever legal entanglements our previous behavior got us into?

The newspapers have reported the feds are continuing to gather evidence in their pending racketeering case, anyone in their right mind should have known that. If you're claiming to be broke, best to be living like you're broke, right?

Sans any sign of remorse, seems to me he's going for it; he's embraced his well-earned gangster notoriety and, in the spirit of Ms. Beatty, is wondering if the feds and the legal system know who the fuck he is?

Uh, I think they do.

This isn't some reality show, this is the real deal, believing in your self-inflated hype can have severe consequences. KK best stop the charade, admit boy wonder's bit off more than he can chew and 'come to Jesus' as soon as possible.

If not, he's essentially admitting he's never been anything but a not so common criminal. Which is exactly what he's now charged with.

Imagine that...
    People like YOU is why my family was put in danger. Duh!!! People who believe in the party like its God. Etc.

He stated he makes 60k a year wich= about 5k per month. His rent is less than 3k and his wife works. Thats how he's able to live in that house. Its not like he bought it. Renting is not the same as buying you do understand that dont you???

How much lower key can he get. He MOVED to the OTHER side of the country. he lives in a 5 bedroom home, and he works. What has he done thats not been "low Key" Oh I get it yall jealous. If KK lived under a bridge yall wouldnt be happy and it would be all over the news. Why are yall so Infactuated with KK and HIS life. the fed charges and case is just that. We dont know what exactly is true what he's guilty of nor do we know if he's not guilty. THATS WHAT THE COURTS ARE FOR. The FBI is praying on the same thing that happened w/ the whistleblower case will happen here. They want the jury as tainted as possible so they can win their case. Cause the jury will consist of alot of people who Already feel the same way you do now. based off of nothing but crap you read in the newspapers

Call me a sucka but I'm a person who believes in America and its founding priciples. I ACTUALLY believe someone is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
    You say this, but you don't seem to apply this belief consistently. You use this line in support of Kwame, but you have been calling the DPD SWAT officer a murderer for awhile now in the case of Ayanna Jones, and that case hasn't even gone to trial yet.

He stated he makes 60k a year wich= about 5k per month. His rent is less than 3k and his wife works. Thats how he's able to live in that house.
    $60,000 after taxes would be more like $40,000 which = $3333 per month. And in applying for a taxpayer-paid defense attorney, KK claimed indigence and stated that his wife does not work.

LOL, the move to Texas was a calculated one.

From speculation here at the time, we decided he went there due the lack of extradition due to other state's judgements. He is relatively protected there.

As far as I'm concerned, it also puts him closer to those islands where dirty bank dealings are the main attraction. Cheers, thanks for playing along.
    Last edited by Gannon; November-18-11 at 02:37 PM.

"Originally Posted by 313hero

What has he done thats not been "low Key" Oh I get it yall jealous. If KK lived under a bridge yall wouldnt be happy and it would be all over the news. Why are yall so Infactuated with KK and HIS life. the fed charges and case is just that.

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Everything Kwame has done is/was NOT "low key". In fact not much of anything Kwame has ever done was "LOW KEY". He always make sure there has been an audience.

And there are a lot of things I think about KK, jealousy and infactuation are NOT two of the words that come to mind.

Yall is not a word.

Stromberg2

A chorus of singing birds. The cash money gravy train is out of steam. Cash flow is a motivator towards silence and allegiance for most. That stream has been disrupted for many. Let the singing begin!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Now that Derrick Miller is singing like a bird, I wonder what else is going to come out of this.

I agree with you Zacha, but will up the ante one more.

The power trip is over, too. There may be a few remnants who think they've survived, but they have no-one to protect them against those they stepped on and pissed off and abused to get what they have...so those witnesses will finally step forward.

Remember, the party and the abuses within the protection unit were common jokes among those bureaurocrats who have seen everything since Young. Until Tamara Greene was killed. Then they all shut up, since they didn't want the same fate.

The more these criminals are revealed and prosecuted, the more witnesses will finally come out of the woodwork and make the Fed's case that much more complete. Of this I have little doubt.

Sincerely,
    John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4