Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. The other way is see that investors have driven the prices up and guess who's going to profit from the sale of the property? The Archdiocese, which can now use that money to buy another similar property all of 1 mile northwest and still get rock bottom prices and use the profit to buy a bigger, nicer facility to serve even more of the needy.

I don't think trickle-down economics works as a way to solve the problems of the world. But if there's anywhere where just a little of it will do a lot of good? It's Detroit.
    Part II - I was being cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Part II - I was being cheeky.
    LOL. Ok. Sorry in this town, you never know. I read part of an article and seriously thought its intent was satirical and "cheeky". Turned out to be off the front page of the Michigan Citizen.

Talking about cheeky, one other solution to all our problems would be to print our own currency, which can only be used to purchase items produced in Detroit. That way we can still meet all our financial obligations while simultaneously causing hyper-inflation for any Detroiters who wish purchase any good or service whose origin is anywhere that's not south of 8 mile.

Added bonus, all those thousands of retired city employees that are receiving pension checks living out of the city or state will now be required to spend that money in Detroit.

We could even have our own central bank.

You know what they say, "When in Detroit, do as the Greeks do...."

I did not realize the Catholic bookstore had moved. I've purchased several books in there [[although they had no works on the Latin Mass, which I assumed would be a large area of interest after the Church started having some Masses in Latin again).

If the Book Tower got residential tenants, I think the Washington Boulevard area would really pop, and would cause an acceleration of the rebirth of Capitol Park. Who knows, maybe even The Griswold project would come back to life. And would LOVE to see the Book Building scrubbed clean. It is one of the 2 grimiest buildings downtown, in my opinion. The other being police HQ, of course.