Today I got a speeding ticket coming down hill on the bridge at Telegraph over the Jeffries Freeway [[I-96) heading north. The cop was a Redford Township cop with a radar gun on the east side of Telegraph on a dead-end side street in Detroit. He clocked me doing 60 in a 45 mile zone. Now, I've gotten speeding tickets before, but to get a ticket coming down hill, when the laws of physics would say that a car travelling at the speed limit on a level plane would increase speed on a decline, is preposterous. They also ticket people on a decline on Telegraph just south of 96 at the train viaduct. How does Redford police get away with this crap?

This is one of those times when I not only want to fight the ticket but also fight the practice of Redford police ticketing drivers while coming down a decline. I would also question their jurisdiction to issue speeding tickets when they are positioning themselves in Detroit city limits. What course of action can I take to avoid paying this ticket [[$145) and to also get this speed-trap eliminated?